Paul's Canberra project status

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Paul's Canberra project status

Post by Filonian »

Waiting very IMpatiently. xwink

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Can't wait! :dancer: :flying: xsmile
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

sknepper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by sknepper »

Top of the day to you there (by the way, I'm half Irish, I think on the left side as I'm left handed and can't write very well :lol: ). Looking very good there Steve! Speechless actually :-# . Love the earthy camo scheme, just as I rembered it in Rhodesian 1963-1970 days with the single spear in the roundels. Thanx for that mate. Just looking at them brings back mixed emotions and warms-up the Xmas cheer. Great things come to those who wait, to be sure, to be sure xwink. And every time I see that nose-pod the detail seems to increase. Just looking for that bottle of whiskey still to warm the cockels. :)
Last edited by sknepper on 28 Dec 2007, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely, Sean Kneppers
Repainter by choice
Fancy the Irish going Dutch

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Well it's the end of the 27th and still no Canberra yet, I thought releasing all the models together was a mistake :lol: I bet the files are taking about a week to upload :roll:
Still, I do not think i have looked forward to a non VC aircraft so much in years.
ATB Trev

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Post by nazca_steve »

Yep, I know Paul was dreading it! He's allowing CB files to host them as well though (once we get the Simviation models) so that is a bonus.

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com

Robin
Trident
Trident

Post by Robin »

Can I just ask if WK-163 is in there? I first flew in her in 2003 and looked after her on the ground at Coventry. Would be great to see!

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

I haven't done her yet, but certainly will be...she looks lovely in her glossy black and grey scheme so it's a must. Lucky you by the way - flying in her AND maintaining her - quite a treat!

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

Happy New Year everyone...

BUT...I have some upsetting news on the project. I just got an email from Paul, who is experiencing some technical issues with the FS2002 version of the models. IN order to troubleshoot them, the release is going to be delayed and he is also going to split the release into 8, rather than 4 packs to accomodate the two different versions. I have asked him to perhaps release the FS2004 models as planned and then do the FS2002 packs later, that way most of us can get up and running sooner. WIll keep you posted...and pelase don't shoot the messenger! I'm just the bearer of bad news, but I'm trying to make it better!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Who is using FS2002 for goodness sake! :o :dunno: I am turning into an old fossil sticking with FS2004 :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy about splitting the downloads though, I just hope we pick and choose and not have download all 8 to get a single model. As I said last year (or was it 2006), this would have been a better project as a split release of different models. However I am not a developer, so cannot be too critical of Paul's choices on this matter.
ATB Trev

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

calypsos wrote:Who is using FS2002 for goodness sake! :o :dunno: I am turning into an old fossil sticking with FS2004 :lol: :lol: :lol:
I suppose it also means there's less of a chance of it being remotely compatible with FSX, too! :-(