FS2004 AFCAD and Trees

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

bobdawkins
Viscount
Viscount

Re: FS2004 AFCAD and Trees

Post by bobdawkins »

bobdawkins wrote:Stick a taxiway underneath your runway just a bit wider a it seems to get rid of objects that are in the way I have info on my PC When I find it I'll post on here :welldone:
http://library.avsim.net/zipshow.php?DL ... n%2Fmsword
Update
its on Avsim
Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Miscellaneous Files
Afcad - Some Tips and Tricks

File Description:
Afcad Tips and Tricks - an Illustrated Tutorial. Although Lee Swordy's indispensible program includes very complete documentation, this tutorial illustrates several of the less obvious things you can do with the program. Topics include creating a quick flatten, decorating the edges of a runway, use of the polygon feature to enhance terrain adjacent to an airport, drawing "roads", creating invisible taxiways, moving or removing the Helicopter "H" and use of the "jump here" command. Even if you are an experienced user of Afcad, you will likely find some useful ideas in this tutorial. Compiled in .doc and .pdf formats for your flying enjoyment by David "Opa" Marshall.

Filename: afcadtrt.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 18th January 2007
Downloads: 4621
Author: David "Opa" Marshall
Size: 3323kb
Just wondered chaps whether this bit of info was of any use or is it a bit dated (which I posted earlier) :dunno: :nmq:
Bob Dawkins,South-West Cambridgeshire, U.K, HGV lorry Driver. If thing's don't change they'll stay the same.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Actually Bob...I've only just downloaded it and am printing it now. I can already see that it is to be a GEM..Thank you very much for posting that info :)

bobdawkins
Viscount
Viscount

Post by bobdawkins »

thats great, you'll see as you read through what I meant about taxiways/runway
Bob Dawkins,South-West Cambridgeshire, U.K, HGV lorry Driver. If thing's don't change they'll stay the same.

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

Tried using excbuilderv2.zip, but it wouldn't do anything!

Used another program called Flatx101.zip...which did what it said, and made a beautiful exclude file...it even excluded my entire airport. :'(

What to do now?

(I did RTFM )
The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

migeater0 wrote:Tried using excbuilderv2.zip, but it wouldn't do anything!

(I did RTFM )
Did you tick the "exclude all objects" button on the upper right side? If you have FSConnect installed and slew to define the exclude area, it is essential to be facing North when defining the area. Hitting the space bar before slewing will accomplish that.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

migeater0 wrote:Tried using excbuilderv2.zip, but it wouldn't do anything!

Used another program called Flatx101.zip...which did what it said, and made a beautiful exclude file...it even excluded my entire airport. :'(

What to do now?

(I did RTFM )
You need to place the exclude file somewhere that it is executed BEFORE your scenery is painted...I place mine for McLeland Field here:-

X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Namw\Scenery

All that stuff is always active and gets executed pretty early on in the FS9 start sequence and then my stuff comes along from here:-

X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\McLeland Field\scenery

This is installed in the usual way in Scenery Library and is painted long after those exclude files have done their work.

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

Yes to all of the above. I've had a message from another gentleman who is going to have a look at it. Thanks for all your help and suggestions thus far.
The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!