Gaining and maintaining Type ratings

New Pilots report here for additional VA information

Moderator: Guru's

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Gaining and maintaining Type ratings

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

This sets out the 'Training' Schedule of flight requirements for gaining your TR's whilst the holder of a Training Type Rating. The onus is still on all pilots to ensure that they can competently operate any aircraft that they request a Type Rating for. These schedules allows you to 'polish up' your skills whilst benefiting from the experience of operating the aircraft on FlyNET. Training flights have no impact on VA finances but they do have an impact on your personal Flight Rating. Pilots who haven't flown one of their aircraft types for a while may operate any of the training flights if they feel they are 'rusty' before operating a revenue flight.

All aircraft types will have six training flights which you will fly depending on your TR request and will be flown in the following logical order :-

For a new pilot requesting his first TR with the VA then all six flights will be flown.

For an existing VA pilot requesting a subsequent TR on another type, the first four flights will be flown.

For the renewal of a TR which has lapsed (not flown type for 12 months) the first two flights will be flown.

Depending on your satisfactory performance of these flights you will gain your 'full' Type rating. In exceptional circumstances and if you make a complete b*lls of things you may be required to increase the number of flights performed before we let you loose on revenue flights, but we don't expect this to happen ;-) . The routes chosen for the training flights will all be operated from one designated airport depending on aircraft type. Pilots will have to transfer to that airport to commence the training schedule.

All TR's that have not been used for twelve months or more have now been removed from Pilot's profiles.

DM has come up with a page accessed through our stats/route enquiry pages where you can check at a glance when you last flew a particular aircraft type.

Check your TRs and any expiry warnings here :: Type Ratings

Rgds

John

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Re: Gaining and maintaining Type ratings

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

DM has re-organised the Type Rating page so that your TR's are now shown in date order with your most current type being at the top of the list and your least current being at the bottom. A 'warning' remark will be alongside those TR's that are coming up to expiry telling you how many months since you flew the type. Training TR's are noted as such. Those TR's which have been revoked, remain on the list but are are greyed out. You can now see at a glance which types need to be flown to keep them current, hopefully before you get the countdown warning remarks ;-) .

Happy flying,

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers John :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ammo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ammo »

Probably missing something here, but have applied for type rating on 1-11 but have heard nothing back. I guess that I cannot fly until then??

Cheers

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Steve,

I've not seen a request from you as yet, so not sure where you sent it. I've updated your TR's so you can start your training.

Regards

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John :)

I've not seen it either :dunno:

ATB

ImageImage

ammo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ammo »

Thanks for the reply guys - I followed the link to flynet, as advised in the stuff for new pilots section, and sent a request from there.

Anyway, we got there in the end............ :welldone:

Steve

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Steve :)

Send any TR request to David Maltby (CBF103), or to me, or John Payne (CBF101). Can't remember what I am off the top of my head as I never send myself PM's but I'd presume it's David Booker (CBF121) ;-)

Have fun :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage

Stephane Desrosiers
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Stephane Desrosiers »

Hi Dave and John ! I wait for my full rating on Viscount to begin revenue flight. I make my four training flight (in fact six in waiting). Are you receive my message via FSairline ?

Regards

Stéphane Desrosiers

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Sri Stephane.. the world is running away from me at the moment. I'll get over there now and do that for you :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage