Britannia Progress.....

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JohnD
Victor
Victor

Re: Britannia Progress.....

Post by JohnD »

Garry this looks brilliant and I am really looking forward to this one. :thumbsup:

The Britannia was the first aircraft that I flew on in June 1962 from Stansted to Khormaksar (Aden) 12 hours non stop. :flying: G-ANCE of British United Airways.
DPS, wrote Hope this one will get a top-notch sound file to do full credit for those noisy Proteus turboprops.
I have flown in 4 Britannias and witnessed many movements at Luton in the 70's so I can confirm that the proteus engines are very quiet, thats why it was nicknamed 'The Whispering Giant'

I have some details of the cockpit equipment if you are interested Garry. I can forward them on to you if you want them.

Regards

John
I have the mind of an athlete, but the body of a spectator.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Britannia Progress.....

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi John

Unfortunateley we did not get Britannias locally so as mentioned my sighting were rare

One parked at LGW in 1968 G-ANCC, one in the LHR stack.too far away to hear (British Eagle same year) and very few overflights as you couldn't hear them.

Thanks for the offer

The panel (2D) is sorted as Fraser had existing panels for the type and I think it's pretty well wrapped up as the existing panels are at a very high standard already. :rock:

The project is not really my active one but I hit a snag with the Superfreighter and while that is being sorted I have moved onto the Brit for a couple of weeks. :cpu:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."