FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Many thanks Fraser, it now works!

Usual appreciation to all those that helped me out here.

ammo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: FlyNET induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Post by ammo »

Hi,

Have just completed the EGCC - EDDL training flight through Flynet. The client started ok, loaded fuel etc. but when I landed it would not disconnect. I tried re-setting brakes etc. but it just "hung" with a white screen.

After waiting 20mins or so, I got fed up of waiting and disconnected it myself.
The flight has not recorded, so do I need to re-fly that training flight??

Cheers

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Steve,

Not sure what happened there but FlyNET still has you 'booked' for that flight so as far as it's concerned.. you've not flown it. Two options here.. either try and refly it or let it expire (wait 24hrs from when it was booked).

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Steve,

Not sure about your 'white screen', do you mean the client window was completely devoid of info just showing a blank white page? Usually with the client, the page will show 'live' with the current event data and will just update to the financial post flight summary when a successful upload has occurred. If the client was showing no info at all, it sounds like the client prog itself has hung up somehow. As Dave says, you will either have to refly or let the fl;ight expire and incur the cost penalty.

Regards

John

ammo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ammo »

RAF_Quantum wrote:Hi Steve,

Not sure about your 'white screen', do you mean the client window was completely devoid of info just showing a blank white page? Usually with the client, the page will show 'live' with the current event data and will just update to the financial post flight summary when a successful upload has occurred. If the client was showing no info at all, it sounds like the client prog itself has hung up somehow. As Dave says, you will either have to refly or let the fl;ight expire and incur the cost penalty.

Regards

John
Hi John,

The client window was just completely blank and not responding. This was the first time this has happened - would it have anything to do with installing Vista service pack 1 earlier in the day I wonder?

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Steve,

Sounds more like the client itself was having the problem and not a communication problem to the website. Not sure if your update would have affected anything but to be safe I'd delete your current client/files and get a fresh version to try again with. You should already have 'pause on task switch' unchecked in FS so you could occasionally go into windowed mode and minimise FS to check the client window to see if all is well. Much easier if you have a dual monitor set-up so you can have FS on monitor 1 and anything else you want to look at on monitor 2. I always have FS in full screen on monitor 1 and the client (amongst other things) on monitor 2 so that I can check it at any time I want without minimising the game. Let us know how you get on.

As a footnote, once you have applied the parking brake you can minimise the game and see if the client window is still 'live'. If you have your engines running still, you will see the fuel weight reducing. It can sometimes take a while for the client to 'register' the flight so be patient. I, along with others have sometimes left the PC to go and do something else (usually make a coffee) whilst the client 'does it's thing' and upon return, all has been logged as normal. Also, don't forget to completely shutdown and restart the client between each flight if you are doiong multiple flights in quick succession.

Regards

John

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Same has just happened to me. After a 6 hour flight. Real time I am sitting at GXCO with a completely blank screen on the flynet client. The flight was terminated 15 minutes ago. I am also on Vista.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

Try turning the tracker off and see if that cures it.

Regards

John

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I have lost the flight as I had to switch off and I gotfed up waiting ie 4 hours. Question how do I switch the tracker off and where do I find it please for next time?
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Simon,

I've made a new specific thread for the 'procedure' :

How to turn off FlyNET Tracker

Regards

John