FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ammo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: FlyNET induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Post by ammo »

I deleted the client and then reinstalled - all seems ok now. :flying: again !

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

Herald G-APWJ, 9500' inbound Brecon, routing EGJJ - EGNH, port engine flameout, relight successful after 30 mins of drills whilst trying to keep the old girl airborne, numerous port generator failures leading to double generator failure approaching Blackpool, reset succesful for landing. Landed safely but took a little longer to get there on one engine!!

What a trip, and I'm not looking forward to the journey home neither......... :o

Best wishes

Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Nigel,

This must have been a FS or aircraft induced failure - icing? If FlyNET fails an engine it is impossible to relight. I throw everything at her - PUD's and fuel heaters. From the manual :-
Note that the system has been arranged such that engine flame out may occur if the deicing equipment is not used correctly in icing conditions.
Regards

John

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

I thought that might have been the case but it was a beautiful blue piece of sky so somewhat mystified. Sure it must be finger trouble somewhere along the line! :flying:

Best wishes

Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

In the midst of dealing with a possible undercarriage failure. The gear failing to retract after takeoff. Have hit the divert button and will attempt to land at the departure airport.

edit: Landed succesfully back at departure airport after a very careful landing, on ward flight seems to be booked properly. Not sure this was a fsairlines induced failure as the airline reputation is still 120, so i'm not sure what happened there. Followed all the normal procedures but the u/c didn't retract whatever i tried. The u/c status for the aircraft is fairly low at 93.06 after the aborted flight so that might be the cause? :think: :dunno:

RIchard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Richard..

Nor sure if FSA have re-introduced failures but if the gear wouldn't go up.. you're lucky. I've had the gear not coming down in a Viscount and it won't pump down either. The only way to get out of the situation is to abort the flight (bug out).

What happens in FSA (or at least what happened in FlyNET) when an 'induced' failure occured was that your reputation remained intact if you carried on with the flight and landed safely. We didn't have divert in those days so had to press-on! Be interesting to hear if John knows if FSA have re-introduced failures again.

Well done on getting out of a sticky situation ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

Failures have been back for a while now. The possibilities are :-

Engine failure
Flaps stuck
Gear stuck

There is some question/confusion regards the use of Simconnect vs FSUIPC in the way flaps/gear can be stuck. Current thinking is with Simconnect the gear/flaps will only stick in the up position but with FSUIPC they can stick in the down or up position. With regards the likelihood of failure there is a calculation taking into account the possibility of the failure and time the failure is likely to occur.

Regards

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that John :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

New Client v1.1.8 released today..
Another bug-fixing release is out. Apart from some issues with the manual upload which have been solved now, everyone who had problems using SimConnect in v1.1.7 should be able to use it again. See the Client-page for details.
Off to try it now ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Just had an engine failure 1-11 500 G-AVMP EGAA-EGCC.
Must have been just before touchdown, as it was all normal up to then. Only noticed because reverse thrust didn't sound right. ;-)

I can't recall ever having a failure of any kind before (excepting the occasional pilot failure).

DM
ImageImage