By Gemini !

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

By Gemini !

Post by Molyned »

Hi Folks
Just wanted to update you on the progress of my Gemini build. Here she is on the tarmac at EGBN. The model is still very much work in progress so don't go clearing a space in your hangar just yet. Plenty of fun left yet for me. Couldn't get an image to show here direct so ...

Dave M
PS - can't afford a new rear tyre yet.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: By Gemini !

Post by DaveB »

Looking good Dave :thumbsup: I think you've captured the 'Miles' look very well ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Nice one Dave

Even at this stage it's miles better than some models :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Dave (M), call me a 'nitpicker', but is there some way that you can use somebody elses pilot figures in your models? I am sure you could use some of the figures used here (I know Rick used another modelers figures at one stage) and possibly modify the textures?
An empty cockpit, does not look right to me, but I quite understand the complexity of making lifelike figures.
ATB Trev

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave,

Lovely work! :dancer: I edited your post to make the pic show (hope you don't mind)

Looking forward to this one. Well done. :rock:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

It's looking good Dave.I sometimes think that Miles aircraft are under represented in FS. :thumbsup: Best Wishes EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

call me a 'nitpicker', but is there some way that you can use somebody elses pilot figures in your models? I am sure you could use some of the figures used here (I know Rick used another modelers figures at one stage) and possibly modify the textures?
Trev..
I suppose you don't realise that Rick's 'Pilot Figures' weigh in at around 3000+ poly's each which.. believe it or not is 3 times the poly's on any of Henry Tom's superbly crafted Cessna AI aircraft and probably exceeds where that model stands now or will stand when it's finished :o While I don't want to see it empty, I'd sooner not see it with a perfectly crafted pilot at 15fps either ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Woo hoo!! Now we're talking! :dancer: As per your suggestion Dave I will not clear a space in my hangar...I'll probably just build a separate hangar solely for your Gemini. ;-) Please keep up the great work, Dave.

Brian

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Thanks for taking a look guys.
Must try and get pix posting sorted - glad you edited the post - I'll check the code to see where I went wrong.
Dave B has outlined the 'pilot problem' exactly ! The model is currently eating 22700 polygons (less than the Messenger) although the virtual cockpit is also modelled, but not yet complete.
I believe there is a 30,000 poly limit for FS2004 without mucking about. If I was modelling solely for FSX, that limit is effectively doubled because it treats the VC as a separate model - so, 30K each ! - with frame rates to match :-( .
Be assured, you nitpickers, I am looking for a low poly pilot which I can include without having to amputate any limbs ! - but not promising though.
Cheers
Dave M
ps remembers - Douglas Bader used to fly one of these when he worked for Shell Aviation - any pix anyone ?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Dave

I see it's photobucket so all you do is click on the image link......the bottom on and paste that :)

You can always check it in preview

Regards :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."