Has the tide turned? FSX or FS9?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Are you using FSX or FS9 as your current place to fly CBFS aircraft?

FS 9 users.....I am still stuck in the dark ages and love it.
56%
FSX users...I have entered the shiney new MS heaven and love it
27%
FSX and FS9...I am sitting on the fence until the new sim arrives and fly both!
17%

Total votes: 116

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Re: Has the tide turned? FSX or FS9?

Post by bigred1970 »

utill recently I was still in the fs9 camp. but that was before I updated my graphics card and could actually turn up the graphics quality on fsx without my computer imploding.

fsx it definaly my choice now.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

MALTBY D wrote:I've yet to see anything in FSX that, from my own point of view, can justify the hassle & expense
The Messiah has spoken :prayer:

90% of my flight sim flying is using this man's creations. So where he leads, I follow. (Or, in this case, not :-( )

kurt190
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by kurt190 »

I finally got FSX running half decently on my system but I am still not impressed. There are features that I like and some of the scenery does look great. However with the exception of the Goose none of the standard aircraft light my fire and as yet there are not many freeware aircraft available and given the nature of the various different combinations of FSX I cannot be bothered to risk buying aircraft. I have a couple of AS aircraft that have been upgraded to FSX but with fast jets scenery devolves into a blur - and I have a pretty powerful system......

Nope its still FS9 for me - where I can still fly my beloved Super Cub over some stunning scenery.

kurt

Macs
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Macs »

When all or the majority of my favourite FS9 aircraft are available in FSX with the same quality(realism), then I will move to FSX. I honestly don't see that much of a difference (graphics wise) between the two platforms; it is really not that much better in my view; it is not like the FS2002 to FS9 jump in this regard, and even if it was, I woudl not make the switch until I had my planes...
regards,

Macs :)

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

I am hanging on to FS9 for many reasons, primarily because my now ancient computer probably could not do FSX justice. I will wait for FS11 and see if that is an improvement big enough to justify starting from scratch if there is no backwards compatibility. Will be time for a new computer for sure and maybe Microsft will have a new operating system too. I run XP and also decided to skip Vista for many of the same reasons. Really it boils down with to each his own. I am happy with XP and FS9 but I realize others may not share this and want FSX and Vista.

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

I have both, but have stayed with FS9 so far due to having a lot of payware aircraft and scenery, and my computer will run FS9 at full whack with everything turned up at about 30 fps, last time I tried FSX I got a measly 12fps.

Maybe when I Upgrade the RAM I'll give FSX another go, if I had a good enough computer might have answered the poll differently!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

James, are you running SP2?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

FS5 is great but i didn't see that listed in the poll...... :dunno:

Anyway......FSX for me for one reason only......Multi-player.....its head and shoulders above FS9 in sooooo many ways....

Oh waitress........Coat please.....QUICKLY PLEASE.......! ! ! ! :thumbsup:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I'm with Techy... can you imagine if we'd tried the MP session to the Dam's in FS9.... 5 hours of online flying in FS9... don't think so. :cpu:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

fmansam
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by fmansam »

I have both installed, but very very rarely use fsx

i have FS9 running at full whack and i get about 20 - 25fps not brilliant, but still flows well....

cant afford an upgrade yet.....

and i wouldn't even know if i had to upgrade the graphics card or the processor...lol :drinkers: :rock: