Missing ATIS

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Missing ATIS

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I've recently downloaded and installed the excellent freeware Birmingham Airport (EGBB) file egbb_pr_fs9_v1 (plus it's update, v11, both available from Avsim).
On running this, I noticed that no ATIS was available.
Viewing the file in AFCAD, showed that the ATIS was set to 136.025 (correct with the latest charts from the CAA). This appears to be outside the range available in FS9, as the radio cannot be manually tuned to this frequency.
I have tried using AFCAD to revert the ATIS frequency back to it's previous value of 126.275, but still ATIS remains unavailable for EGBB in FS9.
If anyone has any experience of setting these frequencies in AFCAD, any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Missing ATIS

Post by nigelb »

First thing to check is the AFCAD name. Under "List", select Comm Frequencies List and then select the ATIS. Click on properties and make sure the name is set to EGBB and NOT Birmingham. Use 126.275 as the frequency since you are correct in assuming that 136.025 will not work. I don't think anything over 135.997 works.

While on the properties tab you can click "Help" which should pull up section 47 of the manual that will further explain all this.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Missing ATIS

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Many thanks, Nigel.

That seems to have fixed it :)

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...