Cottesmore Families Day

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fmansam
Vulcan
Vulcan

Re: Cottesmore Families Day

Post by fmansam »

i dont know about all the Blades team, but certainly the team leader, ex reds leader is andy offer...you can tell his plane by the reg..is a wg cmdr on harriers still i think!!!

as for harriers...
well i think its discusting that they can have all them flitting about for a families day, but there was only one on static at waddo and that was a 41sqn jet....!!

oh well.....

awesome pics by the way CHEERS

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

fmansam wrote: as for harriers...
well i think its discusting that they can have all them flitting about for a families day, but there was only one on static at waddo and that was a 41sqn jet....!!
In fairness, they do have several squadrons of Harriers at Cottesmore, so I'm sure it's a lot easier to send 4 up for a mini-display than it is to send many to every show, with crews giving up their weekends in the process. Not to mention the fact that these displays are put on for the friends and families of the service personnel at the base, so it's only natural to show off the aircraft that they work with. Yes, the static support could be (should be?) stronger, but it's a little unfair to compare it to the families day of the aircraft's home base. ;-)

fmansam
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by fmansam »

ahhh u know them aircrew, :flying:

love nothin better than showing off there big shiney machines, then going on the pop afterwards.... :dancer: :drinkers:

there a bit like us firemen actually...lol :D :D

no bitchiness really intended and i do understand your point, just cant work out the RAF at times.... :thumbsup:

Coolio :fart:

stafflad1976
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by stafflad1976 »

Serving on Joint Force Harrier at Cottesmore myself, I can tell you that the Families Day is the station's way of saying thank you to the families for putting up with their loved ones being regularly deployed overseas on operations.

Fmansam, you say that there was no bitchiness intended in your post but thats not how it came across. 4 Sqn managed to get 4 airframes up in order to get the above message across and your comments were well out of order. Maybe you'll be happier when we recover enough airframes from their main task (note thats not public flying displays) out in Afghanistan to perform at next year airshows after the GR4s take over. (Sorry to everyone else, but my spleen had to be vented over this.)

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Ex RAF here myself.....never have and never will try to fathom the RAF.... :think:

I am positive that Fmansam meant absolutely nothing by what he said.....he just loves his Aircraft as well all do.... :thumbsup:

Not MT are you Stafflad...?

Maybe Supplier..... :think:

:lol:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

stafflad1976
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by stafflad1976 »

Techy111 wrote:Ex RAF here myself.....never have and never will try to fathom the RAF.... :think:

I am positive that Fmansam meant absolutely nothing by what he said.....he just loves his Aircraft as well all do.... :thumbsup:

Not MT are you Stafflad...?

Maybe Supplier..... :think:

:lol:

Tony
I'm intrigued Tony :think: , how did you come to that conclusion?

AL1. Tell you what I'll look at my profile as well :doho:

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

:lol: Your handle....! ! !

Stafflad1976.....= Maybe Stafford...... :think:

i'm wrong ain't I..... :lol:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

stafflad1976
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by stafflad1976 »

Actually, Stafford was my last camp but my handle actually comes from part of my surname. You can have 6/10 for that :thumbsup:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

I used to enjoy the Cottesmore family day, when I was living in Peterborough; my father-in-law was ex-mob, and lived next door to a Tornado driver, when the TTTE was still based there. Used to get some very nice displays, the Italians were always good for some real exotica. :flying: