The new Mossie from JF any good?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: The new Mossie from JF any good?

Post by AllanL »

Garry Russell wrote:That's why Del made a Dove and not a Heron...........but since then he found a box of polys under the bed :lol: :lol:

Garry
Hope they're not deceased Pollies (remarkable bird the Norwegian Blue - beautiful plumage - perhaps that explains why the Rols Royce scheme is on display)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

MilesMan wrote:I have received a response from JustFlight saying that Aeroplane Heaven are the designers and that 'they ran out of polygons for the model and therefore could not include those extra details in the bomb bay on the variants in question'. I responded with the statement that surely they could have just redesigned the bomb bay doors even if they did not have the cannons inside the bay. At least it would have looked alright from the outside.
The bottom line is that it was not an error but a conscious decision to put out a knowingly inaccurate model on to the market
Not impressed.

Peter Watkins
Know the feeling Peter. No names, no pack-drill, but after a recent purchase, I'm going to be a damned sight more choosey with payware in future.

MilesMan
Lightning
Lightning

Post by MilesMan »

I must be a sucker for punishment! I downloaded the Add-on Pack A for the JF Mosquito coz I wanted the BOAC version.
The model they have used is the FBVI but unarmed. Fine, BOAC used several G-AGGC-H amongst them. Unfortunately the AH mob have decided to mark their model as G-AGFV which was a BIV! Good eh?
Oh well, at least I can get two BOAC variants by Swapping the texture onto the BIV model and repainting the registration on the FBVI to G-AGGF!
I suppose I should thank them but a lot of purchasers would not be able to do that.
I wonder who AH's historian is?

Pete W

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Pete..

It's not as if the BOAC Mossie registrations/Mks are difficult to find either :roll: That is just plain sloppy and worse still.. you've had to pay for the addon :brick: Deary me! :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I grumbled about the nav on the bomb aimers couch all the time, during development, nobody listened either :lol:
ATB Trev

ianjenm
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ianjenm »

I too have taken the plunge and bought this product. Although at present it is probably the best Mosquito available for FS2004 it is by no means the "definitive" Mosquito simulation. There have been many errors already pointed out in this forum another one being on the BOAC model from the outside it has the 6 stub exhausts but when viewed from the vc it is fitted with 5 stub exhausts. The VC is slow to load, I think this may be due to the internal textures (and some gauges) appearing to be compiled in the model and not seperate in the textures folder. The 2d panels were an afterthought at best, I have managed to use the 2d panels from a previous FS2002 boxed JF Mosquito sim I have and convert them with the current gauges etc to make a passable panel. There is very little simulation of electrics/hydraulics and none of the oxygen system and supercharger controls which I have added from other aircraft I have. On a positive the flight dynamics seem pretty good. However the bomber XVI version is using the same dynamics as the MkIV which is wrong as they had a later version of the Merlin fitted with much improved high altitude performance etc, more stuff to rectify, just as well its the weekend.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

AllanL wrote:
Garry Russell wrote:That's why Del made a Dove and not a Heron...........but since then he found a box of polys under the bed :lol: :lol:

Garry
Hope they're not deceased Pollies (remarkable bird the Norwegian Blue - beautiful plumage - perhaps that explains why the Rols Royce scheme is on display)
Now don't get us going with Monty Python skits. :lol:

Brian

MilesMan
Lightning
Lightning

Post by MilesMan »

Continuing on the subject of the BOAC FBVI (the one with the BIV registration) the AH team have excelled themselves by creating a 'solid nosed gunless front' and have stuck it on to the model of the BXVI (later Merlins with small chin intakes). Puzzling, seeing as they already had a FBVI model.
The majority of the paints for the Mosquito are poorly aligned, sometimes by quite a margin. It seems that they have concentrated more on 'weathering' the paint jobs than properly lining up where patterns meet. Talking of weathering, most of the new bolt-on noses are not weathered, making them look an obvious add-on.
I have finished creating the real G-AGFV using the BIV model and also the FBVI in G-AGGF colours (a pity about the wrong engines).
I'll stop whinging about the JF Mosquito now, sorry if I've sent anyone to sleep!

Pete W

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Don't apologise Pete.. We're always glad to hear what folk think about any release be it payware or freeware. It's a great shame JF/AH seem to have fallen well short with this second incarnation :-(

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Concur with Dave Pete :thumbsup:

It's all good info and you have been honest and have not criticised for the sake of him rather narrated genuine concerns

Folks that may wish to buy it could well be interested and JF would do to take note of such comments.

This forum is for discussion not to say well done to everything but credit where credit is due.........or perhaps not.

Good thread, raised issues many would not have been aware of :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."