9Dragon Kai Tak

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

9Dragon Kai Tak

Post by Nigel H-J »

Although I backed up the download of Kai Tak on disc when it came to installing I only had one auto-installer work which was the 2-4, the others just appeared as icons so, spent this morning downloading all from Avsim again. Once downloaded I tried to install only to find that the automatic installers' were again just icons looking similar in appearance to an air file. :brick:

Does any-one have any idea of what might be wrong as would dearly love to have Kai Tak installed once again.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: 9Dragon Kai Tak

Post by nigelb »

Just a guess, but have you completely uninstalled the old version? Some auto-installers (notably the rotten Microsoft Windows installer) won't install a new version if it finds an older version. That usually means something in the registry is left from the old version. I don't have Kai Tak so this maybe barking up the wrong tree.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Nigelb, Had a complete new install on my OS some months ago so it can't be that unfortunately, but many thanks for your suggestion.

Regards
Nigel.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Nigel H-J wrote:Hi Nigelb, Had a complete new install on my OS some months ago so it can't be that unfortunately, but many thanks for your suggestion.
I wouldn't mind betting that when you do uninstall it, it does not restore the original concrete that it changed for the whole of FS9 :roll:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Peter

Just downloaded one file from Avsim (9Dragons File 3) as this was one of the files that did not show as an installer.

The file when extracted shows as:- 9Dragons V2 installer.DO1

What does the DO1 stand for, any ideas?

Regards
Nigel.

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Hi Nigel, sounds like it could be pat of a multi zip or exe file where you have several parts i.e. one exe file requiring .d01 files to be present in the same location as it for it to run properly. For example a .exe file called kaitak.exe with kaitak.d01 and kaitak.d02 etc required in the same location for all to work. I may be barking completely up the wrong tree but i believe that that may be the case.

Richard
ImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks Richard, that seems a plausible answer.

May well have to download the self installer version to get it back onto my computer i.e. Doing it the manual way!! :brick:

Regards
Nigel.