payware success?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JimCooper
Lightning
Lightning

Re: payware success?

Post by JimCooper »

Christhekeeper wrote:Congratulations :welldone: Rick & all at Skysim.
Thanks very much

Jim

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

following the top rating of 95/100 in latest PC Pilot magazine (Sep/Oct issue)
Crikey, did Skysim buy a big advert in PC Pilot!!!!!!

JOKE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Rick and team, she was a winner from the first beta last year!
ATB Trev

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Brilliant result guys, and thoroughly deserved Rick... hope it makes it seem all worthwhile! :dancer:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

A very well done to the Hawk team. :welldone:

Regards

John

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Post by nazca_steve »

Michael davies wrote:
Town wrote:Yes I understand Michael, but then you are into that old nutshell of how much do you need to change on something before you have altered it significantly enough not to infringe the original authors copyright. The courts have argued this one for decades if not longer. It does get quite silly when people start trying to charge for a changed serial number though!
I think the term is "so far as reasonably practicable", its quite a common term but leaves almost everything its applied to open to differing interpritation LOL, ascertaining copyright as far as is reasonably practicable is a good way to waste a lot of tax payers money and put a lot into the hands of lawyers, I dont know where they draw the line, is it a percentage, if so a percentage of what, effort expended or changes to the work.

Best

Michael
Fascinating thread, I've only just sat down and waded through all five pages now. I found the brief off-shoot about paint kits very interesting indeed. While I understand the allure of paint kits, I have to say, I am not a big fan of them, aside from all legal issues etc. The definition of a repaint that was discussed is also very interesting, and I have to agree that there is a 'grey' area surrounding what you can claim as your work on a paint kit repaint. It is for that reason that I never published the Alpha F-86 repaints I did and don't use paint kits anymore beyond that one time - I actually felt a tad guilty using them when I know I could do it myself. I wouldn't criticise some one for using one providing they stated it was done from a kit, but I will admit, it would bug me if I saw that re-surfacing on the web 100% under their own name. I can only imagine how Rick and anyone else must feel having their work pirated.

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

I too would like to add my congratulations on an excellent aircraft.

You have done a superb job of modelling the Hawk, Rick! :thumbsup:
Just Flight - Developer/Product Manager