FSAirlines Beta Bugs

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: FSAirlines Beta Bugs

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris..

That's not quite how it worked first time.

However.. I'm rerunning the flight again and 'options' seem to have stuck this time (eg.. they're active where they weren't before. Possibly a log off and login sorts this).

First diversion on beta0 a partial success in that I was told to proceed to an airfield of my choice. Subsequent 'emergencies' did not report this option. Will try another one with beta01 on the rerun flight and see what happens ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Continued..

FSA reported via text bar in FS that I could divert but not in the client page as previously happened. Flight penalised for landing at wrong airport which seems to defeat the object a little :dunno:

Reopened client and went through the rigmarole of checking the 3 available reports (one of which showed I was at ZLDH??) and deleting the previous report (bottom button) allowed me to continue. However, FSA reported me at EGKK when I was in fact at EGTD (Dunsfold). I've no addon scenery for Dunsfold so it has to be default. Could not continue until I closed the client and moved to EGKK. Do we assume that FSA will put us to the nearest airport we operate from rather than the airport we're at?? :think:

EDIT..
Final for this flight.
Right!! Landed at Portsmouth and got ding dong. Made comment in comments field.. selected end flight and got ntdll.dll error :roll: Looking at FSA.. it has my first leg as EGCR to EGKK and pilot status has me enroute :o However, clicking on the info button for that flight, I am shown as Landed :dunno: Most frustrating :roll:

ATB

ImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Did Flight from EGPE-EGLL CBFT803. Still shown as at EGPE and flight I just completed shown as still booked. Should be at EGLL
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

EGTD is not in FlyNET/FSAirlines database so it put you at nearest airport that is in the database. Have you tried two consecutive flights without closing client between to see if both get logged? Be nice to see that bug go.

Simon,

Re comment above, did you close client completely between flights?

Regards

John

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Re comment above, did you close client completely between flights?
Yes, I also downloaded the beta patch that appeared between the two flights and installed it.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John..

I can't see any advantage in keeping the client open between flights as there are no refuel/fly options available. At the end of a flight, you have the single option to exit having hit the END FLIGHT button :dunno:

It's been a few hours since I landed at Portsmouth but AIYR is still shown as booked.. I presume from EGKK. This will be the second flight today that has not registered despite ding dong's at the begining and end of the flight.

As far as getting rid of bugs is concerned, I think they've introduced rather more than they fixed :roll:

I see you booked London to London in a VC9 but there are no VC9's booked looking at the fleet status :brick:

ATB

ImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

See you are having the same problem as me Dave.
Simon

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi guys,

There seem to be a few website issues creeping in which is causing the client problems. I'm seeing a few other issues as well - can anyone see an airport page if selected? I've tried from the overview page as well as the airport directory and the bit in the middle is blank where the data would normally be, although IE says 'done' at the bottom.

John

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

i see a flynet .ini file but no fsairlines file anywhere.

tried new client with the same result, not sure where it attempts to put this file but not in C:windows anymore apparently

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John :)

Yup.. I see the airport page.. select country then up it came. Perhaps I was lucky :dunno:

At the last attempt, I was able to fly EGKK to EGHZ and chose on this occassion NOT to input any comments. Checking the overview.. my previous flight is still there.. EGCR to EGKK (diversion field chosen as closest to database entry) and the flight from there is listed as EGCR-EGHZ. No revenue recorded for the diversion flight (CR-KK) but par for what I'd probably have got from Croydon to Pompey on the last flight.

Bob..
I have 2 files in my C:\Windows directory.. fsairlines.ini and fsairlines_report.ini

ATB

ImageImage