Fuel Remaining Onboard.. Argosy and VC9

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Re: Fuel Remaining Onboard.. Argosy and VC9

Post by fighterpilot »

All the Canadian Vanguards now have decent reserves aboard, now to head back home.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ooo.. well done that man :welldone: Cheers Richard :thumbsup:

EDIT.. Richard.. just noticed you've jumped into a Viking. I've made a quick start on those too mate. All things considered.. I reckon over 300kg is a reasonable amount to leave onboard. All Vikings at Southend are at this level now ;-) Forgot I'd made a start on the Vikings too :roll:
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Thanks Dave, unfortunatley i probably wont be able to do that flight now until tommorow. I'll ensure there is plenty left on board although i think it has well over 300 there already. I'll see if i can slowly do the Northolt vikings up to a decent level if you like.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Richard..

No problem mate. I appreciate the Viking isn't everyones cup of tea and we have a lot to get up to 300kg+!! For sure.. don't make it a lifes mission but every little helps ;-) You've already done great work with the Canadian Vanguards and it's much appreciated ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Of course not i may just top them up say one a week or so whilst hopping around in other things. I really enjoyed breaking into a new continent with the Vanguards and only three of them actually needed refuelling.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That's fine Richard ;-)

Yup.. flying the Canadian routes is great and it was a bonus for things to fall as they did for us. Don't forget we also have a fleet of Chinese registered Tridents too :rock:

A dream (and this is very much a personal dream) would be for us to one day, have a 'Foreign' fleet covering the far off distant places flown by the likes of the Connie.. the Stratocruiser.. maybe the 707.. perhaps the Tristar or EVEN the 747-200's.. all serving BOAC/BA routes and wearing BOAC/BA livery. This would certainly be a diversion from our original mission statement but in essence.. we fly classic aircraft on classic routes so who knows ;-) Unless the current pricing policy changes.. I can't see us ever flying Concorde as it's simply not possible to make a profit.. in fact, it's not possible to make anything other than a resounding loss!! The introduction of older wide-bodied jets could be a pre-requisite TR for all Concorde pilots in order to offset the massive losses Concorde flights incur. I know from personal experience that this is still a rather large pill to swallow for many here but I feel it could work if managed in a positive way. We'll see ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

A bit late i know but all the Northolt Vikings have suitable reserve fuel levels now. I just don't understand why so few people fly the Viking i find it great fun and nice to fly.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that Richard :thumbsup: I made a start with the Vikings but never got em finished :worried:

ATB

ImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I enjoy the Vikings too,but try to keep my hand in on the lot so I suppose nothing gets the time it deserves.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman