Welcome

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DelP
The Gurus

Re: Welcome

Post by DelP »

Hi Steve :)

Glad you've found your way back, the more the merrier ;-)

..and yes, real life hits us all so things don't always go as planned.

The Freighter and Heron are still in progress and a few more projects as well..we'll get there eventually ;-)

ATB,

Derek :)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Good day all,

I have enjoyed various cbfs projects over the years (since fs2002, if memory serves), but always figured this board was intended for folks in the UK proper. Well, after salivating over the latest posts in the Sea Fury thread, I was compelled to join - if for no other reason, than to say a huge "THANK YOU" to the entire team.

Most of my sim flying is '50's and '60's era, focused on real-world Royal Canadian Navy and Air Force planes, bases, carriers, etc. - so the cbfs projects are an excellent fit. Again, a huge thanks!

So, if you don't mind a Canadian (whose parents were Spanish immigrants) joining a British forum ... :lol: I'm thrilled to be here. As to contributions - I regret I can neither paint nor model - I offer only my esprt de corp, weak wit, and sincere appreication. Oh yes, I forgot - I can add RCBCO gauges to any naval craft with a withering level of skill ... :cpu: :dunno:

On a more serious note, whilst I currently live in Vancouver, my parents still live in Calgary - where there is a wonderful Sea Fury in the Naval Museum. I have a good connection with that museum, since I served as an Army officer in a Signals unit co-located with the Naval unit HMCS Tecumseh - (I know, a naval reserve "ship" located in the heart of the Alberta prairies ...). In any event, I visit Calgary often, and if need exists for any up-close photography of that aircraft (or their Seafire, for that matter), that should not be an issue. Again, a miniscule contribution, but it's what I can offer.

Again mates - many thanks.

Regards,

dl
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Welcome to the forum dl and tks for the intro ;-)

As you'll see, we have folk here from all over the globe with at least 2 off the top of my head currently residing in Canada.. both ex-pats so don't feel alone :) Your era of interest fits in well with what we do here and we have a number of projects on the go that I hope you'll like ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Many thanks for the kind welcome, Dave!

A quick newbish question (and yes, I did search ...) Does cbfs have some nice avatar images from which I can choose? For example, I saw a lovely late-model lo-back Spitfire in someone's posts a few days back, (XIV or XVIII, can't recall). I thought I saw a post a long time ago in my lurking days about a list of "approved" avatar images - sorry if I recalled wrong, or if it's posted somewhere I can't find.

cheers,

dl
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo dl :wave:

I think you may have seen something about 'approved' avatars/sigs but I'm pretty certain it was to do with the size thereof. We've had folk use some really great avatars/sigs but they were so big they restricted the size of the page so we put out an advisory ;-)

If you have an avatar in mind (or sig) you'd like to use and are not sure how to make it happen, I'll be only to happy to advise how it's done and/or host/add them to your profile ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

Hi This looks like a good place to hang out. I'm really impressed with the help I've received thus far. Nice to see a few fellow SA flyers here too. I'm looking forward to spending lots of time, gaining and sharing lots of knowledge and general hilarity. Nice to find a forum where there is a strong common interest. it limits the sickos and perverts that other places are prone to.
Proudly HS748 and Proudly South African!!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Parksie :hello:

Welcome to our humble abode ;) We try to keep things just the right side of normal here but leave it to you to decide what's normal :lol:

Hope you enjoy your stay ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Rallymodeller
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Rallymodeller »

Seeing as how I posted on a thread before posting here, I shall now rectify the situation.

Hallo, all.

I like to think I am pretty good at doing repaints, and have uploaded them elsewhere. Some here may have seen my work. I do have a couple of questions:

1. Does CBFS have a specific place for repaints?

2. What is the general consensus on speculative repaints (aka whatiffery)? I do real world stuff but sometimes fantasy can be fun as well: