If you build it, They will come.

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

If you build it, They will come.

Post by DispatchDragon »

So DaveM and I Cobbled together the Auster Factory scenery for this :)

Davids FS9 (only) Auster Autocrat presently in beta testing - coming soon to the Pond

1/. Excellent VC and 2d cockpit - :)

2/. Brian Horsey has done the FDE - it flies beautifully first time out

3/. A gentlemen's way to fly -- However she has some interesting quirks - just like the real one

4/. Can anyone tell me when I work in Rearsby in the afternoon using ASv6.5 I get this incredible sky

Peter Watkins says he has 114 colour photos of Autocrats waiting to paint - sounds like another painter we all know :)

David M(oly), BrianH Don Putnam and a certain Bear :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:
We are not worthy

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: If you build it, They will come.

Post by DaveB »

Ooo-er! :kissu:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Golly! ...That is going to be a "Must Have". I look forward to that even if I have only got a couple of hours on the type :flying:

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Patience gentlemen !
Must let the hatchet men - sorry, beta testers go over her with their magnifying glasses first ;-)
I'm more than a little apprehensive about offering an aircraft known, flown and loved by many including no doubt, folks here.
I feel I'm really sticking my neck out this time having previously only built and offered relatively unknown aircraft, safe in the knowledge that probably
no one in our FS community has flown one .Well, has anyone here flown a Shorts Scion or a Percival Prospector ?? - - -
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

Hi, Dave,

I'd missed this thread but let me put my thanks for the Autocrat in here too. It's a goody. Never flew one - so I'm in the blissful ignorant category - but it certainly feels right. A bit tricky on the ground but other wise a nice beast.

Many thanks.

John

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

Brilliant! What more can I say! I for one am looking forward to this. When I was a little lad (sometime ago now) I always wanted to have a flight in one (wasnt too impressed the first time), but now love them to bits - have flown in 18 in five years. A real classic British type.

Thank you very much indeed. I can think of a few personal repaints:)

Superb!,

Martin

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Martin

Just like here - If you have good photos of the personal aircraft you can post requests over at "The Pond"
as I said Pete Watkins has I believe 114ish colour shots of Autocrats to paint , I am sure he will entertain
personnel requests, I know he did a beautfiful paint of an African DH60 for someone - so if you have
photos or good colour and registration information I know he will be happy to oblige.

Leif

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

Leif,

Thanks for the reply. When I've been in something, I always like to have some record of it....keep a logbook, but also like to collect photos of the particular aircraft too. As to the Austers, all but one are local, so although have photos of them all, have weekly access to them too. So photos shouldn't be a real problem and if any of our repainters would like Autocrat detail, I'm sure I can take a few more photos next weekend.

My first true Auster was an Autocrat (first flight was a Beagle Terrier), but was French registered and since then have flown in the well known Sywell based G-AJRB and our local G-AIGD. I know that there were so many Auster variants over the years, that other models could/may be reproduced using the Autocrat as a basis and then another paint scheme. I am a purist at times, but if there is only some minor detail which is different, I presume other related models could be reproduced?

Best wishes,

Martin

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Martin

I shan't speak for Dave Molyneaux, but I do believe he is planning other variants, one of my favorites would be
G-APAA the AA Auster Alpine. As I said if you leave a message at the Pond - Peter Watkins surfaces frequently
and would be happy to add to his list, and I know he would be greaful of good colour photos.

Leif

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

Umm Alpine....very nice indeed. We have the prototype and I believe the sole survivor up with us in Darkest Devon. Will take some photos of her next time I'm going flying.

Martin