PAD Shorts 360

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

bobmay
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: PAD Shorts 360

Post by bobmay »

Yes, the Sherpas were made by cutting up used 360's and fitting new tail and rear fuse parts, manufactured to Shorts design, by De Havilland in Canada. The actual assembly work was done in USA. :worried: They also fitted a de-rated engine and upgraded the cockpit gauges.

Bob

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Has christmas come early for you Ben :think: Not only a shiney new 360 but one of the team on the forum :lol:

Welcome Bob btw ;-) BenH is doing a fine job with repaints for the old girl :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

bobmay wrote:Yes, the Sherpas were made by cutting up used 360's and fitting new tail and rear fuse parts, manufactured to Shorts design, by De Havilland in Canada. The actual assembly work was done in USA. :worried: They also fitted a de-rated engine and upgraded the cockpit gauges.

Bob
Most (if not all) of the Sherpas where made in Belfast and they were all new builds using the 360 as a base. The contract was won by Shorts on condition by the US government that they adopted the McBride principles for equal oportunity employment between Catholics and Protestants, and although Shorts was considered a "Protestant" company, it was the largest single employer of Catholics in NI. There was no "cutting up" of old 360's in their manufacture, although much of the 360 components are the same as was most of the jigging. The 360's where flown to the US complete with the Sherpa end sections for assembly :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

DaveB wrote:Has christmas come early for you Ben :think: Not only a shiney new 360 but one of the team on the forum :lol:

Welcome Bob btw ;-) BenH is doing a fine job with repaints for the old girl :thumbsup:

ATB

Yes it has.... now the icing on the cake would be if I recieved an email back with pictures from a certain Austrailian outfit and then persuaded a certain modeler.... anyway, lets not be greedy :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

:worried:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There we are in our R&D section where DaveG has previewed a new model and Ben is there asking for something many times bigger.. as used by a certain Australian organisation. Let's not be greedy :o :o :o Someone find him a dictionary :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I never mentioned DG... what ever gave you that impression Dave :D

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll never go to heaven mate (not that you'd want to anyway as all the fun goes on downstairs) :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

Is everyone satisfied with the current flight characteristics, including the ground handling, of the PAD 360?

I began with the Fs98 version of the 360 by Dai Griffiths and afterwards moved on to the procedural trainer by the same author. That procedural trainer was used by Shorts in its training program for 360 crews.

Later I moved to Mike Stone's FS2004 aircraft and built my own 360 panel. This acft cfg was modified and made available to the FS world by Brian Hornsey(?) some years ago.

I don't think that the current PAD 360 has the same flying characteristics as the procedural trainer by Dai and wondered if any members who had flown real 360/330 acft might care to comment on the current PAD acft handling.

I think that the PAD model looks really good and the new color schemes becoming available a very welcome, I hope that there will be more of them. I would like to be assured that the PAD flight model does imitate the real aircraft as closely as is possible in FS9 & FSX to do justice to the present model.

I really am looking forwward to the 330/C23A & B Sherpa, especially if it has an improved cargo animation. I am currently using the Russian modelled 330 to which I have added an airdrop module which can deliver paratroops or one of several sizes of crate complete with parachute from the ramp.

I wonder if the forthcoming PAD 330 (Cargo) might arrive equipped with a load of two landrovers or a complete Rapier G/A SAM unit.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Hobby,

I think its already been mentioned in several places that there is room for improvementin the FDE. I understand there is some work happening on this in the background ;-)

ImageImageImage