IRIS Vulcan B.2 goes RC1!!!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

IRIS Vulcan B.2 goes RC1!!!

Post by Chris Sykes »

Good news, the IRIS Vulcan has now gone Release Candidate! Some sneaky previews to wet your appitite!!!
Some more to follow, as im currently getting some shots as i fly...

Shots are edited and contain Real Environment Xtreame.

Last edited by Chris Sykes on 07 Mar 2009, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: IRIS Vulcan B.2 goes RC1!!!

Post by Trev Clark »

She looks great, but the Vulcan is one aircraft that cannot be flown VFR, so I doubt if I will be tempted.
ATB Trev

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Aint that a fact! :lol:

I really don't know about this at all. My head keeps saying 'Yeh.. it's a Vulcan so go for it' but I'm not sure if my heart is in it.. an odd situation and the complete reverse of what could be considered normal. :think:

While the first shot is okey doh.. I can't bring myself to like the second.. somethin's not right. I can't put my finger on it but I will in time ;-) Nice paint for sure but I'm not sure if that amount of dirt/crud is appropriate for a B2. Maybe I'm seeing colour and it's conflicting with my B&W memory :dunno:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Sl4yer
Trident
Trident

Post by Sl4yer »

calypsos wrote:She looks great, but the Vulcan is one aircraft that cannot be flown VFR, so I doubt if I will be tempted.
Yes, any shots of the office?

James

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveB wrote:Nice paint for sure but I'm not sure if that amount of dirt/crud is appropriate for a B2
Aye Dave, I'm with you on that. No Bomber Command flight sergeant would have let his charge out looking so grubby. However, with the shot below, your heart will be gladdened...I think this is probably the most wonderful MSFS screenshot ever. Is it real, or is it MSFS ? The Will o' the Wisp wingtip nav lights give it away, but blimey, what a stunning picture it is.

What with this and the Aerosoft Catalina, I believe we are finally in the sunlit uplands of FSX !

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Shall i convert it to B+W for you Dave? :lol: it prob my editing has brought the dirt out a little... ill post a pit shot sometime today...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Tks Paul (and Chris) ;-) That last shot really is a belter :thumbsup: Hope the nav red/green are modelled in the final release :cpu:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

It's a delicate balancing act with white textures, too little dirt and the whole thing looks completely flat and unrealistic, too much and as you say it looks far too grubby. I can concur though that when you grab a screenshot of the Vulcan it seems to bring out a lot of the grime and grubbiness that doesn't appear to be so obvious when you're flying and the aircraft is in motion. I'll see if I can get some more screenshots later on today to show you more angles of the Vulcan.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

My plastic is ready :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Chris H wrote:It's a delicate balancing act with white textures, too little dirt and the whole thing looks completely flat and unrealistic, too much and as you say it looks far too grubby.
Yes I dare say thats true. By the way, something I've been meaning to ask...what is that between the two starboard engines under the wing that isn't there on the port engines ? APU or something ?