Autocrat - ic

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Re: Autocrat - ic

Post by DispatchDragon »

Peter.
On behalf of the entire production team, Thank you, I couldnt not think of a higher compliment for a model.

DaveM(oly)'s love on instruments shows greatly - Thats funny about the Fuel Gauge/DI mix up - when David and

Brian Horsey were planning the panel they were stumped too - Took an ex-pat to tell them what it was. The only

thing it lacks is the interior mechanism bobing up and downand shaking so you never really knew how much fuel

was in it -- personally I prefered the bit of bent wire and the cork float petrol gauge. Maybe DaveM(oly) can

let you have a Ski version before all the snows disappear in your neck of the virtual woods ;)

Leif

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Delighted you like it Peter :) and in particular, it's thanks to Brian for the handling characteristics .
I was fortunate to find a really clear photo of a panel from an Autocrat to base mine on. The fuel gauge is reasonably well calibrated when the aircraft is level only - just don't rely on it - if you can't hear petrol swishing around in the tank ....
As to Leif's hint about a skis Auster - well don't stay up waiting - there's a lot of Austers just queing up to be modelled.
Regards
Dave M(oly)

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

Thank you Dave M(oly) and team. At last - a proper Auster with a proper engine! Bjorn Buchner's Mk V was very nice, but the front end just didn't quite do it for me with the boxer in it.

I feel in exalted company - I was mis-reading the instruments in exactly the same way Peter was. I don't feel quite so bad about it now! :lol:

Seriously, it's a very nice bit of kit and long overdue as areally classic British aeroplane. I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming repaints and the other variants as well.

Thank again,

Myles

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:dancer: :welldone:

Very many thanks to you Dave and all of the others involved in making this Auster, no need to mention again that I used to fly one as P2.

I went to (don't ask me why when I used to fly it at RAF Swinderby) Biggin Hill to have a quick few circuits. Never did the circuits until an hour and a half later!! Spent that time flying around the outskirts of London in the (as I used to fly) right hand seat. Always have been right handed when flying even though I am predominantly left handed!! :brick:

Just beautiful, love it!! On my return I thought I would do a few rollers and found three pointing it a joy!! :dancer:

Well done guys and many thanks for such a wonderful Auster.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hope you had the weather turned on too Nigel. This model BEGS real weather :thumbsup: Max crosswind component is around the 15kt mark but it'll take slightly more ;-)

I tried to get it on the deck at North Weald a few days ago and the wind was from around 185 at 19 gusting to 23 or 24. It took me the entire lenght of the runway to get down as each little gust got it airbourne again! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing I did learn about flying it when windy.........Don't try three pointing it!! :$

Late edit...........Another thing to remember when it's really windy................keep the stick back!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Oh sh*t!! :brick:

Nigel.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Nigel , Dont feel like the Lone Stranger ;-)

AT least three of us on the Beta team managed that little manuever

Mine occured on the south shore of Maui in a still crosswind!!!!

Leif :thumbsup:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I'm now beginning to feel a lot better knowing that I'm not the only one to have done it Leif.....!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Should've seen me in the Prospector the first few times I took it up. Forgot how good the brakes can be. :)

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

You've bent my shiny new aeroplane :@
Peasants ! do you know what repair shop hourly rates are these days :o
Cheers CHEERS
Dave M(oly)