Auster Fuel Gauge Question

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Auster Fuel Gauge Question

Post by Molyned »

Well, I'm delighted to see that the Auster is engendering so much interest - a much neglected aircraft in our simmers world.
I suppose I could have made the 'invisible' :) fuel gauge bob around, especially in the VC but there comes a time when pure realism must come second place to useability in the sim.
Another item is the compass - I have been told that's too small - yes, I reduced it because in reality it nearly fills the centre of the screen. With 'trackIR' you can move your head to see around it, but I don't have such a wonderful toy - my son pinched it back (no respect for his old Dad).
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks for that Dave. See, I knew it would be obvious! (I thought it was a dodgy compass to be honest).

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It had me guessing too for a while mate :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Leif, when will the updated CFG be available or am I one of those who goes around blind until some kind hearted sole points it to me! :$

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Nigel
Its still in beta at present as there are some problems with it (different people get different effects) so patience
and it will be along shortly.

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

different people get different effects
I think this is already happening on the release version mate as try as I might, I can't get the J1 onto it's nose. While the braking effect could be considered sharp for something of this age, I've not even had the tail come up :dunno: You watch.. on the update, I'll be running through the boundary fence! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Question about the fuel gauge (real aircraft).
Is the "bobbing" motion only up and down, or is there some tilt and/or horizontal rotaion involved as well?
Dave G.

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

DaveB wrote:
different people get different effects
I think this is already happening on the release version mate as try as I might, I can't get the J1 onto it's nose. While the braking effect could be considered sharp for something of this age, I've not even had the tail come up :dunno: You watch.. on the update, I'll be running through the boundary fence! :lol:

ATB

Now I'm getting the tail up even when at a standstill, 'not a lot' as a certain follicle challenged magician used to say. I tried re-calibrating my joystick and still have the same problem. Must be doing something wrong! :)

Best wishes,

Martin

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the brakes must be worn on my joystick.. it IS older than the pc it's being used on ;-) EDIT.. I've found the reason why Martin. My system is usually setup as 'Custom' with all of the top LH sliders on 'Easy'. I find most models are setup this way hence that's the way I leave it. As a thought, I just cranked all the sliders over to 'Realistic' and found the braking efficiency far too strong. I have, with the minimum of fuss, managed to get it on it's nose ;-)

Did you get DaveG's question about the fuel gauge Martin?? :think:

ATB

ImageImage

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

I'm testing the new flight model file and am finding it a lot better, but still as Leif says different people are experiencing different problems and we'll just have to wait to see what Brian can do about these queries. But, I'm enjoying every minute of the Autocrat, even though she sometimes end up on her nose! Think I'm a little heavy handed on tarmac runways.

As to the fuel gauge, I did see the question, but am afraid to say cant think of a valid answer!! I've looked at it time and time again, but havent really noted how it behaves. I'm sure if there was any adverse movement, it would be more in the horizontal plane (sorry) than a vertical one. Will make a few enquiries and perhaps see what happens this Saturday.

Martin