Couple of Iris Vulcan shots

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Couple of Iris Vulcan shots

Post by Paul K »

Chris Sykes wrote:Paul, were always open to pointers, constructive critisism and realistic requests, we have already a SP1 topic for us team members to put in surgestions and things that need fixing. So go ahead and send us them!

Ill agree with the fact that this Vulcan will, hopefully tip the balance towards the :000: side...
Chris, I emailed Paul Frimston this morning with my suggestions, so hopefully he will forward them on to you. He said that what I had suggested was being looked at anyway.Yep, I did see mention of an SP1 too...

This is a plane that just had to be done for FSX, and I'm so pleased it was a developer of Iris' caliber that took it on board.

CHEERS

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Hi Paul, ive said to Paul that its best to post your surgestions into the SP1 surgestions area that Team only have access to at this moment...

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

stafflad1976 wrote:Oh nooo!!! I'm starting to feel a pull towards the :000:

Do you my systems up to it??

Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
2Gb Ram
Radeon X800 256Mb
Windows XP Home Edition
That looks pretty much like the system I had prior to this one. In my case it was a P4 3.4 Ghz chip with dual processors (but not dual core) and a 256 Mb 6800 GS GFX card.

It ran FSX OK but not all sliders were full right obviously but even that was a lot better visually than FS2004. The water and much better VCs in FSX make up for any drop in FPS plus 20 FPS in FSX is super smooth and more than usable. The big thing that improved that rig was adding SP2/Accel and making sure I upgraded DX9c to the latest version as both of those gave me a huge leap in performance.
Larry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Chris Sykes wrote:Hi Paul, ive said to Paul that its best to post your surgestions into the SP1 surgestions area that Team only have access to at this moment...
Yep, Chris, I saw his thread...

http://www.irissimulations.com/phpBB3/v ... 104&t=1892

Pretty much covers my thoughts. More detail round the circular side windows; rubber seals, any riveting holding the window frames, some impression of the thickness of the canopy...all that sort of thing.

Cheers matey ! :)

stafflad1976
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by stafflad1976 »

Tako_Kichi wrote:
stafflad1976 wrote:Oh nooo!!! I'm starting to feel a pull towards the :000:

Do you think my systems up to it??

Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
2Gb Ram
Radeon X800 256Mb
Windows XP Home Edition
That looks pretty much like the system I had prior to this one. In my case it was a P4 3.4 Ghz chip with dual processors (but not dual core) and a 256 Mb 6800 GS GFX card.

It ran FSX OK but not all sliders were full right obviously but even that was a lot better visually than FS2004. The water and much better VCs in FSX make up for any drop in FPS plus 20 FPS in FSX is super smooth and more than usable. The big thing that improved that rig was adding SP2/Accel and making sure I upgraded DX9c to the latest version as both of those gave me a huge leap in performance.
Cheers for that TK. Feeling the force that little bit more now. :000: :000: :000:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

%@#%...Not one for FS9!! :'( :prayer: The dark side will have to wait for some time!! :$

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Resistance is useless... :000: :lol:

stafflad1976
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by stafflad1976 »

I'm definitely in Skywalker mode. I'm downloading the demo to see how that fares. :000:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

stafflad1976 wrote:I'm definitely in Skywalker mode. I'm downloading the demo to see how that fares. :000:
Don't waste your time mate as its a totally different beast after SP2 so really not a good test ;-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

stafflad1976
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by stafflad1976 »

Ben Watson wrote:
stafflad1976 wrote:I'm definitely in Skywalker mode. I'm downloading the demo to see how that fares. :000:
Don't waste your time mate as its a totally different beast after SP2 so really not a good test ;-)
Obviously I read your post after I ran the demo. I was actually quite impressed as to how it ran on my system so an investment may be made soon. With the addition of SP2 of course.