Well Done Jensen!!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Re: Well Done Jensen!!

Post by Fodda »

Thanks you 511Flyer. I thought somone else had a debut win since 54 (I originally thought maybe March :$ ).

Nigel... Absolutely correct. Although it was fantastic to see Button win, I can't help but wonder how exciting those last few laps would have been if Vettel and Kubica hadn't had that big crash. I doubt if Button would have been able to keep Kubica away from the win in the end, but it would have been great to see him try.

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

I see that now Lewis has been stripped of his Australia result and excluded from the next race.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 978186.stm

Five days after the start of the race and the positions are still changing. :roll: And they've still got to hold an enquiry on the legality of some of the cars so it's not over yet.

We know the drivers and team managers. I think it's time credit was given to the new important team members, possibly the most important members, the ones on which the result depends. . . . . . . The Lawyers.

I'm sorry to see the sport has fallen to the level of farce.

Jon

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Agree entirely Jon! What a complete and utter load of BLX :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

It was not clear what the new evidence was, although it was thought to involve pit-to-car radio conversations between the team and driver, with the FIA ruling that there had been a breach of the international sporting code.

This is just crazy....What the hell is F1 coming to? Just like to know what the radio conversation was about and what the hell it has to do with racing!! :brick: :think:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

As of 1045GMT, so the year is young and Spankie and Co could change the results hourly another 6,566 times yet, the exclusion is just from the Australian results.

If anyone is suffering from insomnia the following should cure you for life...............

The issue, if anyone cares anymore, is apparently that Trulli went wide off the track behind the Safety Car so Hamilton went past as allowed - otherwise if anyone crashed behind the safety car the rest of the field would have to park up alongside!

The inference now is that the McLaren team then told Hamilton over the radio to slow and allow Trulli back past in case the stewards did not think Trulli had gone far enough off the track to allow Hamilton to overtake legally and that this information was witheld from the stewards by Hamilton and the team to make it look as if Trulli overtook Hamilton again off his own bat against the rules.

.........And breathe.

Trulli's defence in Oz was that he saw Hamilton slowing suddenly, and thought that Hamilton then had a problem ..... which would allow Trulli to take the place back. Depressing pedantry or what, it's enough to give you a pain in the diodes all down your left side.

Add in the farce with the FIA trying to change the scoring system, and then relenting, in the week before the first event of the year, and also seemingly telling some teams that their diffuser design was legal, but telling others that it would not be and you could come to the conclusion that they couldn't organise a bunk up in a brothel. Oh no, just remembered, seems they can. Smile for the birdie. Click.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I missed the race, but this constant changing of the results days after the event is making a farce of the sport!!! Add to this the 'usual' heavy 'McLaren only' punishment and it looks like we are heading for 2006 all over again. The stewards should have 12 hours to ask ALL the relevent questions (complete with any evidence) and not be able to fart around for days, sniffing anything that might come to them, often via another team.
Can you imagine the World Cup being won by a country and it being changed a week later because of a refereeing error!!
ATB Trev

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Oh dear.

I really thought that this year would be different. I had hoped, nay prayed, that F1 had finally stopped being petty and was going to deliver good entertaining motor racing without the back door politics and petty minded officialdom of previous years. I even enjoyed the race last weekend.

Silly, silly me. I should have known better. I was looking forward to a new regime with Jensen hitting the podium on a regular basis but I really cannot be bothered to watch another year of F1 where the actual race counts for nothing and results are decided by faceless officials.

So bye F1, I'll come back when (if) you manage to get your act together, its over to BTCC for this year - at least the on-track racing has an element of entertainment about it.

Allan

marcus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by marcus »

My son races Karts and whenever there's an incident between two drivers their called straight to the clerk of the course who depending on which circuit we're at, can view the incident on cctv, he then listens to both drivers version of events and then makes his decision based on the evidence he's got, when you walk out of his office that's it, no more the matter is closed.
I sense a disturbance in the force

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

Until the teams use stick chassis there will always be some issues (Like the Brawn diffuser) - but in this case, if we know it all the stewards have uncovered the fact that Hambo/Mclaren were less than fully clear with their initial evidence. IF this is the case, it's quite right that they lose points - even weeks later. The argument could work the opposite way for fans of Trulli who would be rightly peeved their man lost out through (alleged) skullduggery.
Jim

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well mate.. that's the crux of the matter isn't it. It looked very much like Jarno had pulled a fast one when in reality, McLaren weren't sure if they'd cocked up so let him past again. Had the new team principal explained this to the race director at the time.. they could have kept 4th.. their points and missed the podium but still had a good day all things considered. Now, they're in a situation that makes them look bad with no points :roll: If they were unsure about the rules, it would've been better to seek advice at the time rather than sit back and accept what's given. Of all the F1 teams, McLaren must know they have to be holier than thou. It's rough that Lewis has been penalised as this looks to be a 'Team' faux pas (as in the man on the pit wall) but there you go :cpu:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!