HMS Ark Royal for FSX, Updated

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Gypsy Baron
Meteor
Meteor

Re: HMS Ark Royal for FSX, Updated

Post by Gypsy Baron »

calypsos wrote:Thanks for all that info, Paul, when I find a spare few hours, I'll give it go!!!
Just note that I didn't install aicarriers to the default location so the path shown in my
exe.xml will be different than most everyone elses :)

Paul

Ian Warren
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ian Warren »

Big thanx for the effort , She Great .. Just in the waters outside the Rock the the US Navy visit
Trust me to use the biggest carrier type possible but in saying that i had plenty of these :worried:

Cheers Ian

http://www.nzff.org

:flying:

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Post by sketchy74 »

Nice bit of cross decking there Ian!

Sorry guys, I thought we had sorted the line up shuttle and catapult issue, I shall get on it and let you know when its fixed. Skippy is off on leave so I'll need to get the textures to him on his return.

Thanks for the comments guys, it was fun visiting this one again after all that time since FS9.

Best,

Sketchy

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Hi,

I don't have acceleration. Can I still use the carriers as AI scenery?

Dog.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

That is a good question!

Even those of us with Acceleration would still like to use Multi Player with the Ark, and as I've now discovered AI ships don't show up in MP. In this respect it would be great to place the Ark as static wherever we like.

cheers

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

All I can say about the 'does it work without Accel' question is that the previous version caused CTD's for me using SP2. Ben set up a 'naval' AI set with Ark leaving Liverpool and sailing to various destinations over a week and Hermes (flat top version.. no ski ramp) left Portsmouth at a certain time (with other ships) on another weekly cycle. Hermes and the other ships worked fine and the only reason we could come up with was that Ark had working cats/wires. Plan was to takeoff from Liverpool and land on Ark up river but as soon as I turned toward the ship.. CTD! :o Needless to say, I bought Accel and installed it (having removed SP2 first) and the problem disappeared. Not had time to try the native model yet but it's free so give it a go. If it causes CTD's.. it's probably because you don't have Accel. If it doesn't.. you have a fine looking AI model ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!