Bronson Creek

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Bronson Creek

Post by Garry Russell »

Short clip of operations at Bronson Creek BC Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4a11U97 ... re=related

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Re: Bronson Creek

Post by DispatchDragon »

I thought that was where the Hawkair Freighter is still laying in the lake!!1

http://aviation-safety.net/database/air ... BM#crashes

Nasty little airfield that

Leif

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I am just about to complete a tour of all the FSX airfields in British Columbia and I can confirm that Bronson Creek is an awkward one to get in and out of even in FSX, especially if the weather is bad. Makes you appreciate what the guys who fly up there for real have to contend with.

I have had a lot of fun flying this tour and the changes in scenery are really quite dramatic, from the huge mountains just inland of the west coast to the flatter high plateau of the middle section and then the more rolling hills of the eastern border. Some of the grass/gravel strips are very hard to spot even in good weather and it can be quite a challenge to get in and out depending on your aircraft choice. I have flown a wide mix of aircraft from WWII era warbirds to fairly modern GA and even did a few short flights in a S55/Whirlwind just for the fun of it.

I'm sad it's coming to an end and will now have to look for somewhere else to fly. I've already done a tour of every airport in the UK and every airport in Switzerland (several times), hmmm maybe I should set up one for water landings for a real change of pace!
Larry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

C-FTPA is certainly still in the bushes

That field has like so many rough strips seen the demise or at least damage......often tailwheels to 170's :'(

There is a problem is the type is caught by a crosswind as the tail drops and authority is coming off the rudder and not yet on the diff brakes. :worried:

Most Freighters that have been wiritten off were on that type of operation where very few have come to grief in normal airline operations like in Europe where thousands of flights were made with few incidents especially for those times. :think:

I flew the Suoerfreighter model in and out of Bronson a lot a while back and care was needed to make it smooth. The Carvair looks quite a beast for that strip and as shown, a very early turn is in order and of course wheel up ASAP if you want to climb :o

For the crews it must be hard, yet very exciting and I guess one can feel the pioneer spirit each trip. Not much can be done to help from the ground other than beacons......the approach and Take off is seat of the pants throttle and stick flying.....look at where your going and think it there through the hands and feet. :cpu:

I really love that sort of operation :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."