Shameless plug

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Shameless plug

Post by DispatchDragon »

As Avsim seemed to have crashed their library rather hard and are now saying they dont know when it will be up ----

The mob at "The Pond" would like to remind all builders,painters,modifiers etc etc

That we ARE open for business and will happily take any or all of your BRITISH (related) uploads ;)

Just part of the fine friendly service from the Otter and his tribe

Leif

http://www.classicbritishfiles.com ;-)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Shameless plug

Post by Garry Russell »

In other words all our needs Leif :thumbsup:

If it ain't at the Pond it ain't worth 'avin' :)

Apart from the VA and other stuff from here :D

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

markw
Comet
Comet

Post by markw »

I don't think we register our thanks enough for the way "The Pond" is managed, my microscopic contribution of a handful of run-of-the-mill repaints went through without a problem, and the huge range of often quite rare and esoteric items on the site is amazing.

So, thanks for all the hard work and no doubt grief you have to put up with, it is much appreciated.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Well said Markw...well said. :thumbsup:

Brian

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

There are a few items that are unique to the site

For one reason or another the Admins from CBF have been busy.........I, for instance have been ill and it is Leif who has stuck with it and has kept the file library uploaded and working virtually single handed.

Leif also spends a lot of time testing, helping with research and encouraging new projects. Not a name that is easily associated with any one project, he is infact involved with just about everything on that site and in many projects a major contributer.

So a big that you to Leif for giving us all a worthwhile one stop shop. :welldone:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Vote of thanks to all concerned to be duly recorded. :thumbsup: :welldone:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Well done Leif and many thanks, a great selection of downloads as well!! :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

I also want to add my thanks to Leif and everyone who contributes - good job all!
:welldone:

Nigel²

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Stop this Nonsense immediately !!!!!!!! :lazy:

All I do is stoke the star maker machine

1/. If it wasn't for Rob English The place wouldn't exist.
2/. If it wasn't for people like Mark P and Garry, and Phlashgit and Dave M(oly) there would be no admin.
3/. If it wasn't for the likes of Dave M(oly), Ted Cook, Keith Paine, Peter Larkham, Steve Beeny, Frank Elton, Keith Hackett
Jens,Craig Richardson, of course Messrs Piper,Garwood, Palmer and shortly Russell Building such incredible FREE WARE
and then the likes of Brian Horsey breathing life into many of them no one would visit.
4/. If it wasn't for the likes of Peter Watkins, DaveH , John Payne, Mr B , Bridon Bear painting the models it would be a very boring place.
5/. One thing I cannot and will not take responsibility for is the amazing people who just seem to show up at the Pond and contribute. It totally blows me away at times.
6/. It is of course the a natural annex for CBFS - we provide a repository (or if you happen to be Joomla user "remository" -- sorry inside joke) for all these wonderful gifts.

7/. Oh yes and the most important thing -- I get to play with all the new stuff first!!!!

It has also over the last three years provided me a place to mess around with a number of the "Black arts" I've learned about
AI traffic, Scenery building and Sound config.

Finally If it wasn't for the fact that people came and continue to register with virtually (pun intended) no outside advertising
save world of mouth and download from the library we wouldn't be here, so when your all done with throwing roses -- I havn't done anything - you guys did by downloading the stuff -- Thanks very much

Leif

by the way if no one can recognize the odd quote at the start -- I was also a free man in Paris ;)

Oh yes.........Mr Molyneaux is Going to kill me --- but this is his next "gift" presently very very early in production
but he did say as how it will probably be in AOP6 and T7 versions and prehaps an "orange" one ;)

Please do not bug himself , it will be here when it arrives ;)

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Droollllllllllllllll

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.