new Auster at the pond

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Imperator
Viscount
Viscount

Brilliant!

Post by Imperator »

Its brilliant! Always loved the Auster Antarctic since the Airfix days :welldone: :welldone:

Any chance for a paintkit? :prayer:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: new Auster at the pond

Post by Garry Russell »

The scaling of the details like wires and undercarrige is impressive.

A very nice job indeed :thumbsup:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Garry

Dave said he got the aerial wires as small as he could without them disappearing into infinity!!! :lol:

And Henry if you drop Dave Moly a line I'm sure he will happily oblige -- I know Pete Watkins has about a dozen repaints already in the pipe -- including a Swedish CIVIL ski version -- Dave happens by both here and the Pond daily so if you leave him a message -- of course The Pond gets first dibs at your paints ;)

I'm also sure if he gets ENOUGH requests at the Pond he could have his arm twisted into adding floats to the Antartica ---he has also shown me RL world film of one on "waterski's" that would be a total challenge - Dave's biggest thing about doing the float version is it requires not only a total rework of contact points and the modeling of floats but also a total rework of the Flight file by Mr Horsey .
Leif

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Skis on the Yakutat Glacier...

Post by petermcleland »

Here is a short sequence of shots with the Antarctic Auster landing on the Yakutat Glacier near McLeland Field:-

And here is a short MPEG video of that landing which shows the undercarriage working rather well:-

http://www.petermcleland.com/video/SkisOnYakutat.zip

The download is short and it can be played directly from the WinZip window :flying:

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

FsX...

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Roger - is the aircraft in flight - or does it sit above the surface in FSX ? - you'll have to modify the contact-point settings I'm afraid if it levitates or step out carefully :) .
Peter - really enjoyed your video - even my wife watched it. She said 'it looks real' - 'what, my new Auster ? ' I asked - 'No, the scenery' :-#
Regards
Dave M(oly)

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

Molyned wrote:Roger - is the aircraft in flight - or does it sit above the surface in FSX ? - you'll have to modify the contact-point settings I'm afraid if it levitates or step out carefully :) .
Peter - really enjoyed your video - even my wife watched it. She said 'it looks real' - 'what, my new Auster ? ' I asked - 'No, the scenery' :-#
Regards
Dave M(oly)
Dave,
It's just taken off so the skis are off the ground.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Molyned wrote: Peter - really enjoyed your video - even my wife watched it. She said 'it looks real' - 'what, my new Auster ? ' I asked - 'No, the scenery' :-#
Glad you enjoyed it Dave...At least your wife watched it...Mine avoids Flight Sim like the plague :roll:

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Phew :$ thanks for the quick reply Roger - I can cross that one off my list.
Well, Peter - my wife is of similar mind - although she likes me 'playing' on the computer because it keeps me occupied (I'm long out of gainful employment). She just happened by as I was loading up the video and her natural curiosity got the better of her.
Regards
Dave M(oly)

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

I today have had a wonderful time, flying the Auster AOP.6 from Middle Wallop. Tried the Antartic one, but it left wide marks in the ground, so not going there again with that!!

No seriously, this along with the other two already built are so worthy replicas of the real thing - not just in looks of course, but also in the flight model - very accurate indeed. Thank you to all involved, you have made me one very happy chap!!

Best wishes,

Martin