Michael Jackson....Dead

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Michael Jackson....Dead

Post by FlyTexas »

Well put, Ben. All of this reminds me of when Elvis died. One day he's a past-his-prime entertainer, and then the next he's elevated to a near god like status. :roll:

Brian

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

It is very sad to hear of any-one losing their lives at that age or even in their mid sixties but TBH, although Michael Jackson was a good singer and performer I do find that all this media hype overbearing, just as Ben said in his post there are far more worthy and brave souls that should be given even greater credits than Michael but unfortunately, because of who he was this time next year and in a decades time no doubt there will be further reminders of his passing....'It is X years ago today that the world woke up to the shock news of Michael Jacksons death'!!

Sorry if this sounds insensitive to some, but life has to go on without the constant bleating of some celebrity passing.
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

It seems that almost half of the world are falling over themselves buying his records :roll: :roll: ......for heavens sake, what has made them more appealing now!!!! I for one, will never understand what passes for 'human nature' in the 21st century.

If you want his records, you could have at least bought them before he died, he would at least have been able to use the cash himself for sensible things like....hushing up witnesses, buy wild animals as pets and live in a gas bubble (or something similar). :lazy: Now just the estate lawyers and accountants will have loads of money to fritter!

The guy had talent, but this is (untimely, if are the tour promoter) death is going to turn into a media/music industry frenzie, worthy of (that giant slimeball) Max Clifford.
ATB Trev

markw
Comet
Comet

Post by markw »

It's always sad when someone who has entertained and bought happiness to millions dies suddenly, but....

....I do wish the television news would get some perspective. First we had a newsflash, which I always thought were reserved for major national events, incidents or disasters, or a Royal falling off their perch, not for pop stars dying no matter how major a star, let's face it, enough of them have died of their own addictions over the years to make it slightly less than newsworthy, then we've had seemingly hours of pointless continual re-iterating of the fact he's died, how upset his fans are, tributes from the usual talking heads and general cack. Like I say, it's sad he's died and of course it's a news story - but the coverage so far has been of Diana proportions and I personally think the BBC in particular should move on and go back to all the other stuff before the Government decide to bury all sorts of dire announcements whilst the TV cameras are filming weepy Jacko fans. If $ky or the ITV Light Programme want to do a Jacksonfest, fine, they are no longer serious news organisations, but the BBC should move onto other stuff.

MInd you, I was surprised at his age, well his physical age. I didn't realise he was older than me.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Fortunately.. the BBC only have one REAL channel worth watching.. perhaps 1.5 and they are BBC2 and BBC4. I don't know what's been happening on '2' but thus far, '4' seems to have escaped. ITV have many more channels and thus more opportunity to avoid the drama ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The blowing out of proportion os beyond belief

Here is a man who has produced nothing worthwhile in many years yet we have to suffer these people coming on in tears saying we all will lose so much........sorry....what???

The World is in mourning :think:..... is it??? :dunno:

Watching the endless loop of all this on SKY News......I'm the guest in the place I live in so I have to suffer it......and I wonder........has anything else happened???? :think:

Where are all the other worries they like to throw at us.

A 50 year old man that has been abusing his body has a fatal heart attack.........sad for the family and my sympathies lie with them as it does with any family in such times, but that's all it is and many others have gone the same way in the last few hours.

Ridiculous to say the least.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Michael Jackson....Dead
Have I missed something :dunno:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

The thing that I find most ironic is that all of the news channels, journalists and general media outlets were so quick to get behind the allegations of paedophilia and start mud slinging. And now we're hearing condolences from the very same people.

Three cheers for mass media! :brick:

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I think the hype is bad. But do we blame it on the sunshine, blame it on the moonlight or blame it on the boogie
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

Garry Russell wrote:The blowing out of proportion os beyond belief
Easy news I think Garry. I'm minded of a quote (one of several) that one of the Gallagher brothers said regarding Princess Diana to do with the numbers of people leaving flowers and 'mourning' - cannot remember it exactly but it was along the lines of hypocrisy and the same people would ignore the death of someone in their street or even some relatives.

(I'm not any fan of the Gallaghers but there have been one or two times I've thought they were bang on the money in some quotation).

People will no doubt chew over Jacko for years to come - personally, other than the passing of time it means no more to me than other history.

I always get a bit sober when you read about stuff you grew up with and the people concerned are now passed on - think of the list and it's long.

But for all that, although it is sobering, think back to the countless young men that went to the Somme and elsewhere never to return.... puts it into perspective.
Jim