Michael Jackson....Dead

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Michael Jackson....Dead

Post by delticbob »

Was it not one of Catherine Tates characters who wrapped it up in a nutshell

"Am I bovvered" :nmq:

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Mark, Garry and Ben have covered my thoughts on this. A tragedy for the family, but I can't help thinking that he might have had a happier life if some of the toady hangers-on had told him No a few times.

I was particularly put off by the over-the-top newsflash, but then earlier in the evening I had seen our news programmes at their worst.

An item including an interview with the grief-stricken parents of a soldier recently killed in Afghanistan - which should be played on a loop in the Houses of Parliament - was followed instantly by a ".......but here's a feel good story about the rescue of a Forces sniffer dog." So that's all right then.

Come to think of it, we keep getting told that we have too many MPs in Westminster. Send them all out on foot patrol in Afghanistan with the inadequate equipment that the Forces have to deal with, might reduce the numbers a bit and allow them to show just how much they support the boys and girls out there.

No idea why the HouseDragon gave me a book at Chrimbo entitled something like "Way beyond Grumpy Old Bar Steward". :worried:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I'm begginng the think that the grumpy old man syndrome is simply the by product of getting older and realising the realities of life :think:

Sometimes I wonder why we fell for the 'sugar coating' of all we saw when we were younger, but we did :-( . If we didn't them we were rebellious :o .

As for the media....how many of us remember the knife into Princess Diana and her time with Dodo, even in the earlier newspapers the morning she died as they had been printed....... and then suddenly she was this perfect never put a foot wrong Godess. Of course the reality was none of this things but it sold papers........or so they reckon. :@

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

[quote="Come to think of it, we keep getting told that we have too many MPs in Westminster. Send them all out on foot patrol in Afghanistan with the inadequate equipment that the Forces have to deal with, might reduce the numbers a bit and allow them to show just how much they support the boys and girls out there.

Just remeber they could get the right equipment and claim it on their expenses. You know 1 Chieftain tank as second home etc
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

I must agree with the comments on media saturation. Just about the entire BBC America newscast last night was about MJ, which is surprising because the BBC usually have a very balanced newscast. NBC's Today show this morning has been unrelenting, for two straight hours!

As someone commented previously, the deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon were equally as sad. I don't recall all this fuss over John Lennon's death. To my mind that was far sadder because it was an event he had no control over. When John died, he was still very much a creative artist of the highest calibre. Michael Jackson has been in an artistic decline since the mid eighties.

Nigel²

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

Well, at least he's more deserving of media coverage than Jade Goody was. :roll:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Jade who??

:lol: :lol:

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd have to agree with that although in fairness, her rather public demise DID prompt more young ladies to go for cancer screening. I can't see MJ leaving such a worthy legacy ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Exclusive pic secretly taken at the LA County Coroner's office. Yikes! ;-)

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I know I shouldn't have laughed but... :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

lol I have noticed that a lot of these comments are very similar to the way I felt when Princes Di bought it........ :think: