FSNav data for the Vanguard?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: FSNav data for the Vanguard?

Post by nigelb »

Not sure it is mentioned in the manual at all, Dave - other than the mention of selecting the units to be used when setting up the aircraft parameters. Since FSNAV remembers what unit you used to set up the fuel usuage for your particular aircraft, it must save a variable somewhere and my bet is that is what fuelmeasure=x entry is in the aircraft.ini represents.

Nigel²

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi nige..

Yup.. without the benefit of the manual being handy (I DO have a printed copy here somewhere).. that sounds logical enough to hold water. A few of the functions of FSN are read directly from the aircraft.cfg (eg.. aircraft with and without speed hold) even though this can be ticked or unticked as required. I can't see anyone flying FSN in FULL auto (ok.. let's change that to a lot) but regardless of what it reads from the aircraft.cfg, the user still has the option to change that particular function on the FMS cfg page :)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

You are correct Sir! You can change any of the parameters for your aircraft such as climb rate, fuel usage, fuel units, autopilot with or without speed hold and so on. As long as you then click the 'Save' button and click 'OK", FSNAV will recall your changes the next time from the aircraft.ini file. If you only click 'OK' the parameters will not be saved, but will apply to the current flight only. If you know what your doing, you can also edit the aircraft.ini file directly.

Incidentally, I got curious, experimented and found the meaning of the fuelmeasure= parameters are as follows:

fuelmeasure=0 Pounds per hour
fuelmeasure=1 Gallons per hour
fuelmeasure=2 Killograms per hour
fuelmeasure=4 Litres per hour

These correspond to the drop down box that preceeds the fuel amount entries.

Nigel²

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Nigel :wave:

Oh yes.. I'm versed with making last minute changes in the 'aircraft' box. I've just spent a week doing that with two particular models! :brick:

Didn't realise what the fuel measure was for but not bothered looking to be honest (at the fsn.ini that is). 2 (kg) does very nicely for me although gallons are an easier number to test with :)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!