The Ponds "Skunk Works"

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: The Ponds "Skunk Works"

Post by Dev One »

Jon, Thanks for that, but with Leifs proviso I think that I will stick with converting my FMS Meteor. BTW any one play with FMS?
Keith

trainfan5
Viscount
Viscount

Post by trainfan5 »

DispatchDragon wrote: That you can produce proof from Mr Hardy that he approves it -- as there would have to be some serious modification to

the original model to produce an AI of quality for the project.
I can produce premission for you off the Free Flight Design Studio Site where the source file is located: By downloading any of these files you are hereby acknowledging agreement to properly credit the original designer(s) for their efforts should you release any reworks and/or paint-ups of these files. In addition, you agree not to sell, package for sale, and/or distribute these files, or alterations thereof, for profit. This includes the Metoer.
Dev One wrote:Jon, Thanks for that, but with Leifs proviso I think that I will stick with converting my FMS Meteor.
Ok, I can still convert it for you if you want as it would be ok to release it under the above statement from Free Flight Design Studio.

Jon
UKFlightsim: 'Quality, not Quantity' http://ukflightsim.freeforums.org

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Thats fine Jon

Mark (miggers) over at CBF has drawing for the mk8 conversion if you leave a note over there he will be happy to help you.

I just wanted to make the gorund rules perfectly clear .

As to textures -- he has the correct colour values and paint scheme -- once your done Im sure we can find some suck....painter to do the honors

Keith has a project for the Llanbedr meteors simmering away in the back somewhere so he may also be able to provide assitance with the AI version

Leif

trainfan5
Viscount
Viscount

Post by trainfan5 »

DispatchDragon wrote:Thats fine Jon

Mark (miggers) over at CBF has drawing for the mk8 conversion if you leave a note over there he will be happy to help you.

I just wanted to make the gorund rules perfectly clear .

As to textures -- he has the correct colour values and paint scheme -- once your done Im sure we can find some suck....painter to do the honors

Keith has a project for the Llanbedr meteors simmering away in the back somewhere so he may also be able to provide assitance with the AI version

Leif
To be honest, I was only offering to convert the source files to GMAX but I'll be more than happy to do it once the UKFS Venom is out the way (Ironically also using Roger Hardy Source Files off Free Flight Design Studio as a basis). I've converted it anyway for someone else so all you need to do is ask if you want it as a basis.

Jon

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

I took a look at the source files myself last night -- there would have to be quite a bit of modification especially to the nose and tail

If your up for it :0 its all yours

Leif

Venom sound s nice too --- Fs9 or FSX?

trainfan5
Viscount
Viscount

Post by trainfan5 »

DispatchDragon wrote:I took a look at the source files myself last night -- there would have to be quite a bit of modification especially to the nose and tail

If your up for it :0 its all yours

Leif

Venom sounds nice too --- Fs9 or FSX?
Ok, I'll think about the Metoer as I'm not to sure how long the Venom's going to take.

The Venom's going to be for both FS9 and FSX with the FS9 one out first. FS9 due in late August and FSX due in very late 2009 or early 2010.

Jon

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Leif

If someone can supply me with accurate pics and info i could knock up an Ai meteor drone as i already have T7,T7.5, NF11 & TT models built

as long as it does not need a VC it should not be too hard.

ie: i have the F8 tail assembly just need to redo front fuselage and wingtips for a close F8 based drone

but i don't have FS9 any more but still have sdk installed so it's possible.

Regards
Rick

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Thank you Rick :)

Ill have Keith and Miggers get in touch with you with the relevant stuff

I just left a message across the road for those two worthies to get in touch with you Rick

:prayer:

Leif

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Rick, I have quite a few photos in my library - what sort of shots do you need, & what info. Give me a PM of your e-mail address - I can then send with minimum compression possibly. Most are photos (film type) then digitised (scanned I suspect) & put onto a CD. I also have some digital photos of the cockpit interior taken very recently if you want to go that far, but that was my next project!
Regards
Keith

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Keith

My e mail address is to the right of my messages next to the PM button (hover the mouse over the envelope)

Regards
Rick