BKS Bristol Freighter

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Re: BKS Bristol Freighter

Post by ianhind »

Dave

There seems to be several links on that page that Ben provided.

If you choose the obvious one, there does seem to be a selection of new pages that open. And perhaps of you choose the last option, again there may be new pages.

The one you need is:

And that gave me no problems. But if that is what you did :dunno:

Hmm, in Firefox with NoScipt installed, I don't even see the alternatives. Screen shot was from Chrome.

@Nigel - whether you are asked to download or the file plays depends on the settings of the computer.

Ian

Ian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ian..

No.. I hit the link you have the cross through which seemed as good a choice as any given that I didn't particularly want to download from a mirror in Russia (x2) or Taiwan or any of the others which offered a supposedly slower download speed should the main one not work. As I've since heard that the mp4 track itself is hardly worth the effort (in my case, no where near the effort), then I shall not pursue it further. Thanks for that anyway ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Jeez!!! I think I've opened a bag of worms here :$ I found the link on the BKS website, which I frequently visit for nostalgic reasons, and thought it might be of interest. On my Vista32 system the link simply gave me an option to save or play the mp4 file. Iolo antivirus didn't complain nor did Windows Defender (does it ever?) so I assumed it was an OK link. Must remember not to assume anything about Windows in future :-(

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I had no trouble :dunno:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

I clicked on the link and the video played in my Quicktime player. No trouble at all.

Steve

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

stegs wrote:I clicked on the link and the video played in my Quicktime player. No trouble at all.

Steve
Same here! No virus alert or anything. I downloaded the K-Lite pack because I had an older version and this thread reminded me to update it.

Nigel²

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Much against my better judgement (I don't like being beaten).. I downloaded the full pack from MajorGeeks (tks Nigel) through Firefox and the install routine was a much different affair. Was it worth the effort.. well not really but that's not Andy's fault ;-) I've no idea what the hell I've just done to this pc (it's a different one.. WinXP SP3) as the 'advised' configure opens a page of stuff only those 'into' video in a BIG way will understand so I simply accepted what was offered. I HATE doing that but hey.. this was in the interest of science. If this pc now fails.. no big deal. I'll lose CoD2, 4 and the last one.. FS9 which never worked as well as it does on my slower machine and FSX and who the hell cares about that :lol:

I now expect ALL future clips to be linked to mp4 format files so I can watch them through the 2"x2" window THEN through my very handy magnifying glass before I can revel in it's glory via my Varifocals ;-)

Regards..

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

:lol: :lol: :lol: You must be as visually challenged as I am!

I also accept all the defaults until I find some compelling reason to change something. I can't be bothered reading all the video techy stuff in the online and readme file. There is a "codec tweak tool" available to make changes if needed. I think I have maybe used it once and I certainly can't remember what that was for. I have yet to run into a video file that I can't play and before I installed K-Lite, a few years ago, that happened on occasion.

Glad your sort of sorted! ;-) (I hope)

Nigel²

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Like Dave I found it to be a very exhaustive cursing annoying and frustrating session when I downloaded it and now some members (who will remain nameless) come along saying "I had no trouble"!! :o

Like Dave mine went straight into the bin and is staying there....permanently!! :brick:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Yo Nigel :lazy:

I click on the link and the Quick time video plays :dunno:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."