Gmax Guru required!!!!!!

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Gmax Guru required!!!!!!

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks for the HU Gaffer :thumbsup:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Great news, about the 'whirlybird' (ooh, didn't they fly Bell 47s, not really old enough to remember), Maybe you can post a new thread here, when you have some nice shots. Ask James S if you are short of info, I think he is the Whirlwind expert here.

Maybe I will start a new thread about forgotten aircraft |-) , and as far as FSX is concerned, I have both sims and was a very late convert to FSX, but it is better :o (with the correct hardware). If you have to choose, I just think FSX is better for rotary wing models.

This is coming from somone who still cannot even think of deleting his much loved (but seldom used) FS9.

If FS9 is all you have got (and can run) I see that an FS9 model is preferred, but in 2 years time we will all (mostly) be FSX and with still no sign of a replacement....unless the Aerosoft FS comes off.
ATB Trev

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I don't any aircraft are forgotten.....just not done :lol:

I don't think there will be a lot of further drift to FS.X.....it's just too expensive to upgrade everything.

If everyone has changed to FS.X in two years.well then I'm just wasting my time with these models :dunno:

FS.X is a lot better for Helos though.....but yiu still have to have it and be able to run it. :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

ok, it looks like a change, I will do it for FSX :thumbsup:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

calypsos wrote:Mucha as it pains me to say it, I think all new projects should be FSX, we are stuck with it (possibly for ever :'( ) as the most advanced MSFS. With the addition of all the add-ons, it is getting much better now too.
Mmm, not so sure about that. A very interesting article in the current issue of PC Pilot about the future for FS9; with Microsoft having sacked their entire ACES team there will be no further development of FS X so that sim is as good as it is going to get. The conclusion was that FS9 is still a damn good sim, especially with the community (i.e. us!!) and may outlast it's successor - the author also mentioned that he'd run it under Windows 7 RC and it had none of the problems experienced with Vista/FS9, actually even diplaying better performance than XP/FS9. So who knows - all I know is, when I recover from my current PC-less state and reinstall a flightsim it is much more likely to be FS9 than FS X. OFFTOPIC

jamesstables
Comet
Comet

Post by jamesstables »

calypsos wrote:Ask James S if you are short of info, I think he is the Whirlwind expert here.

Anything you need to know just ask.

I'm a bit busy at the moment with getting our latest one sprayed up which is taking up a lot of my time at the museum but should be able to get any photos needed in a week or two. (if I don't have some on my computer already)

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

jamesstables wrote:
calypsos wrote:Ask James S if you are short of info, I think he is the Whirlwind expert here.

Anything you need to know just ask.

I'm a bit busy at the moment with getting our latest one sprayed up which is taking up a lot of my time at the museum but should be able to get any photos needed in a week or two. (if I don't have some on my computer already)

james, dont want to hijack this thread, but any photos would be good, the more the merrier

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

trainfan5
Viscount
Viscount

Post by trainfan5 »

calypsos wrote:last but not least DH Venom.
Sorry, been away so only just seen this.

Re the Venom, I think I may be VERY popular on here. Guess what's planned after the Sioux :D .

Jon
UKFlightsim: 'Quality, not Quantity' http://ukflightsim.freeforums.org

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Be sure (if it is FS9) to ask Peter McLeland to be involved with testing her, he flew them in the RAF.
ATB Trev