A2A Cub is out

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

A2A Cub is out

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Just a head's up, the A2A Cub has been released.

Screenshots can be seen here....

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 62&t=19311

....and a promo video can be seen here....

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 62&t=19305

Available from the store of course.

https://www.a2asimulations.com/store/
Larry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: A2A Cub is out

Post by Trev Clark »

Sorry, I hate the cartoon woman passenger and have two FSX Piper Cubs already!!

Had it been an Accu-sim Tiger Moth, that would have been different matter!
ATB Trev

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Nicely modelled but I can't see anything there to interest me I'm afraid. Felt a bit insulted by the 'that's A2A Physics' comment near the end because the aircraft crabbed in to land. Is this new or have I been imagining things over the last few years *-) Enjoyed the short run to stop too. I guess this model has carbon discs!

Perhaps American bush pilots will love it but it seems as alien as 'Barak O' on this side of the pond.

Still.. nice looking model though ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

Again... Overpriced. $40 for the Cub and AccuSim. Such a shame as the Boeing 377 with AccuSim cost a lot less when I bought it and is a fantastic piece of code.

And having the Cub without AccuSim would be a waste of time in my books. The default FSX Cub is a pretty decent model and has a nice FDE with it.

I was looking forward to the Razorback P-47 and that was beyond my price range... Then the Cub and again it's just too much money for what's included. I shan't be hovering over at A2A any longer I'm afraid. And that's MY opinion, I'm not saying it's not a fantastic piece of kit... Just that I don't want to pay that much for it.

So it's HS-748 and B-377 flying for me. ;)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

From looking at that promotional video, I really like what they have done. Heidi in the front seat is an indicator of how A2A are trying to push the simulator and add new features to it, which can only be a good thing. However I won't be buying the Cub because its not an aircraft that interests me any more than others I already have, such as the Aerosoft DHC2 and Dave G's new Auster. I've still got to want the aircraft before I want the accompanying features, regardless of how innovative they are.

It will be interesting to see what more A2A comes up with. I hope they eventually do a B-29 with all the Accusim whistles and bells. That would be phenomenal.

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Hi,

not tooo excited about the Cub. Would be good if they could create a Swordfish, Tigermoth or similar British bi-plane aircraft with accusim. In defense of A2A and Accusim, I have the P47 and it is simply the best single engined aircraft out there at the moment. The engine sounds alone are worth the extra.

Regards,

Ted.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I don't thing anyone is picking holes in how good the model is, it looks superb, just that its a strange subject as there are so many that have been done pretty well already.... bit like buses I guess. :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Just sat and watched the promo video

Based on that, it doesn't sound like any J3 I have ever flown - it sounds as if they cloned the 172 sound to me.
an A65 sounds NOTHING like that.

pass I think

Leif

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

All the engine sounds and ambient sounds (magneto clicks, control creaks etc.) were recorded live in real J-3's, nothing was cloned from another sound set Leif. Scott has quite an extensive audio recording set up that he takes with him on research trips to capture the real sounds of an aircraft he is working on and it is something A2A is known for. IIRC at least three different J-3's were recorded in various configurations (stock wheels, tundra wheels, and floats) so that the sounds would be correct for the variation selected.
Larry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Larry.

You know I edited the post - frankly it doesn't mean anything -- The demo video does NOT sound like an A65 powered
J3 -- and I wont be buying it.

Leif