Cycling: Texas to Oklahoma

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Cycling: Texas to Oklahoma

Post by DaveB »

I must be the only person on the entire planet who can take a blurry pic using a digital camera.
Fear not Brian.. my better half is highly skilled in the art of out of focus shots with an autofocus camera :lol:

Not been near a pushbike in years.. the exception being last Christmas when I rode the daughters new 40zillion gear monster around the car park a couple of times. It brought back some painful memories :lol: Got talked into a sponsored cycle ride from Portsmouth to Hull one Friday lunchtime over a beer (funny how beer can make you say yes when you really mean no!). I was in the Navy and still quite fit but having not been near a push bike for some 15years.. my butt wasn't used to sitting on a razor blade. Oh the humanities :lol: I often fancy a spin on one but I see too many oldies wearing spandex going past the pub looking like they're about to die and this is all the deterrent I need :lol:

Nice shots Brian and nice to see you and the ex Mrs F-Texas are still mates. I couldn't follow my ex down the road like that for mile after mile without the urge to run her over and it'd be sooner rather than later :agree:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

DaveB wrote:Nice shots Brian and nice to see you and the ex Mrs F-Texas are still mates.

ATB

DaveB B)smk
Thanks Dave. Yes it's nice that we can still have a good time riding together...but then again I could probably ride bicycles with Kim Jong Il as long as he doesn't bitch about tired legs or me pedaling too fast. :lol:

Brian

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Nigel H-J wrote:
Large road? Nah, Gary - that is a small country lane. Everything is bigger in Texas.
:lol: :lol:
That remark reminded me of the London Cabbie who had a Texan on board who kept on comparing everything he saw with Texas i.e. everything being much bigger. Whilst stationary in a traffic jam on London Bridge the Texan asked the cabbie 'What's that little stream down there?" Without so much as a pause the cabbie drew a long breath and cried out "OMG!! the radiators burst!!

OK, I'll go!! :hide:

Nigel.
I heard a similar story about the London Tour bus. Every single stop they made at various points of interest, the Texan would pipe up "why, we have something like that in Texas, but it is much larger. After a while the bus got caught in one of London's notorious traffic jams. They inched forward and came to a halt outside of a large white building. Without even waiting for the tour guide to say anything, the Texan declares, "we have a much bigger building than that in Texas!" I am certain you do, the tour guide responded. That is the insane asylum!" :D

Me too! :hide:

Nigel²

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:lol: :lol:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.