FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

Re fuel with client v1.19.. the anomaly appears to be linked to the Aerosim Tristar. I was able to access the database once yesterday evening (the site is still down as I type) to check my first flight on the new client (Vanguard) and this reported exactly what I'd asked for. The next 3 flights, all Tristar, showed between 4 and 6 kg discrepancy so it's probably safe to say the Aerosim Tristar is the oddball ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

As of the timestamp on this post.. FSA is back on the air again ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage

dom1
Meteor
Meteor

Post by dom1 »

Well that was a nasty surprise - engine two failure immediately after take-off for my first flight back at FSA in eight months :o

I diverted my BAC 1-11 G-ASTJ to Gatwick after several unsuccessful attempts at a restart using the Flynet Emergency feature that I vaguely remembered seeing threads about.

I can see that Flynet has set up the onwards flight on to my original destination of Zurich so I can continue but is there anything else I need to do? I really don't want another failure on the next leg... :think: The aircraft is still at 98.8% but it was at 98.9 before this happened so I don't know if the other engine will go next flight...

Sorry about the massive loss on the flight too :$
Dom Mahon
Aylesbury, UK

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dom,

You should be fine to fly on mate. Thats just FSA issuing a random burb, last one I had was on the 146 a while back, but I was able to continue on with 3 engines. When an FSA failure occurs it won't let you relight the engines ;-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

dom1
Meteor
Meteor

Post by dom1 »

Thanks Ben,

I'll crack on with the flight to Zurich then, don't want the passengers causing a riot in the terminal ;-)

I'll take a couple of pills first though to calm my nerves after all that excitement :lol:

EDIT - All worked fine for the 'continuation' flight and I almost made up for the cash loss from the failure flight too :worried:
Dom Mahon
Aylesbury, UK

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dom,

Tough luck on the engine failure, you did exactly the right thing by hitting the 'Divert' button. Any diverted flights will show a negative income until you reach your original intended destination as the revenue doesn't get applied until you deliver the passengers to where they wanted to go. Do you have the 'Display text in Flight Simulator' option checked in the Client? If you don't, I highly recommend you do as you will get a message telling you of any client induced failures in your Flight Sim window. If you get a failure without the message then it isn't client induced failure but pilot error.

Regards

John

dom1
Meteor
Meteor

Post by dom1 »

Thanks John,

I'll make sure I check that option from now on ;-)

And now I've had the nasty wake-up call to the possibility of failures I'll be more alert to all the systems too :)
Dom Mahon
Aylesbury, UK

soggy
Comet
Comet

Post by soggy »

BAC 1-11 200 G-ATVH
Landing gear would not extend this evening on the approach to newcastle,Definatly a FSA failure as i closed the client and the gear worked after closing it.

I will refly the flight as after the nightmare week i have had flying for the VA,I could really do without having a crash adding to my list :-(

If United were playing in my garden,I would close the curtains.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

Just received an interesting FSA failure on landing LFRN-LFRD.. Failure - Gear Stuck. I'm chuffed the gear was stuck as the Srs1 Heron I was in has fixed landing gear :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

:lol: :lol:

Nice one Dave.

John