Is it possible?

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Is it possible?

Post by AndyG »

Garry Russell wrote:Funny thing with software

The very old PC years ago and the two I bought in the FS9 times have a windows disk and I have had to rleoad more than once.

My mothers laptop didn't come with any discs....(mine had all the programme discs)..but a variety of software like Office already loaded which you have to pay to activate.

There was no windows disk either it was a licence bundled with the machine to have windows loaded once on the system.

I guess all this is to stop the discs being used on other machines.
Strictly speaking your mother should have had the Windows discs supplied as well, in case she needed to reload at a later date. A lot of OEM manufacturers and resellers never did this, even though though their agreements with Microsoft stipulated that they should - I believe there were a number of court cases in later years with some of the less reputable companies, as they were effectively using pirated software and selling it on as genuine.

fmansam
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by fmansam »

it really is a pain isn't it....
i personally feel that once i have purchased something then i should be able to do with it what i like....
so it doesn't matter that you pay for an item in a shop and get a receipt.... really its a lone isnt it. :rock: :rock:

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

"Cheers Nigel. There is a difference in having a copy and holding the license too not that that matters much"

apparently 600,000 XBOX live user have discovered exactly what this means...since MS disabled them from using thier xbox on the internet for hacking thier Xboxes to use pirated software

the only recourse is to buy a new XBOX...thier old one is no longer functional online

ouch

since Xbox is for kids..thats gotta hurt, reckon that be be on PC's at a future date, wings of war springs to mind and a few others that require online verification, not sure i am a fan of the "steam" system but you cant blame the software developers fighting for survival, and products for us to play incidently