Questions about DH Comet

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

asolyom
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Questions about DH Comet

Post by asolyom »

Something is very strange with the Comet. After takeoff and initial climb, with AP engaged I begin to loose speed, and the plane stalls.
"Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Andras, Bare in mind this isn't like a moden autopilot. What have you set your rate of climb at? What is your engine RPM, do you have the de icing on etc?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Andras,

There is very good documentation that comes with the Comet and indeed most of the aircraft produced by our developers here. You will find 99% of your answers written within the manuals. Take the time to read each manual for a new type that you download and put into practise what the manual is telling you and you won't go far wrong.

Regards

John

asolyom
Meteor
Meteor

Post by asolyom »

Ben Watson wrote:Hi Andras, Bare in mind this isn't like a moden autopilot. What have you set your rate of climb at? What is your engine RPM, do you have the de icing on etc?
Yes, I know that. Even though I set my rate of climb minimal, the angle of attack was very high. Now I have tried to engage speed lock, then the AP adjusted the rate of climb. I have read in the manual that the climb speed of the Comet is as low as 150 kts.

Andras
"Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Andras,
Flying Tips - from the manual wrote: After takeoff, the normal initial climb speed is just 150kt. Holding this speed gave a greater climb angle so that the aircraft could get high quickly for reasons of noise abatement around airports.

Normal speed for the main climb is 260 kts, but can be higher if desired. Climb power is normally around 7400 RPM.
IAS hold can be selected at the desired speed, leaving the autopilot to adjust your climb rate.
Regards

John