Captainsim B-52

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

davem
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Captainsim B-52

Post by davem »

I think you'd be surprised at just how many people out there fly primarily on external views - I for one rarely stay in a VC for much of a flight - you can't experience the wingtip / wing vortices on an F18 / Tonka / Typhoon or the lush smoke of a VC10's Conways etc etc etc from inside...

Landing something from the Tower View is also fun, if a little more fraught with danger than from the bang seat... :-O

Screenies, especially when online would also bit a little boring!

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

I seem to be in a minority, but I bought it, and am enjoying it as much as any other addon I have. There's nothing more boring than flying from the VC in a straight line (and lets face it, slow turns and straight and level flight is about all you can do in a B-52!), so I much prefer to admire the exterior when flying from place to place, or just messing about going around in circles. Well worth the £8.something I paid for it.

I can understand that many out there regard a VC as a must have in today's addons, but a lot don't seem to understand that there are also many others who don't share their point of view. I can admire a good VC as much as anybody, especially when panning around it with TrackIR, but to say it's pointless releasing a product without a cockpit is clearly pretty narrow minded. ;)

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Can live without a VC but no 2d panel, no sounds...all for money... *-)
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

edetroit
Meteor
Meteor

Post by edetroit »

I do not have a problem with payware model onlys. The 50North 737 range is a great buy to this day.

But I do have a problem with FSX only as a FS9 virtual pilot. :funk:
regards

Ed

My FS Videos

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Ed I agree the 50 north 737's are very good and I have them likewise the Jetcity DC-9's but nowadays especially with FSX it is expected with payware release that it should be complete... FSX users are less patient than the FS9 users :lol:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Fungus_the_Bogeyman
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Fungus_the_Bogeyman »

austerdriver wrote:Its a waste of time selling an aircraft with just the external model.

How do they expect to make any sort of profit?
Have they merged with Alphasim? :lol:
Fungus the Bogeyman.A mushroom. Kept in the dark for years and fed s**t.

Stanley130
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Stanley130 »

Tweek wrote:I seem to be in a minority, but I bought it, and am enjoying it as much as any other addon I have. There's nothing more boring than flying from the VC in a straight line (and lets face it, slow turns and straight and level flight is about all you can do in a B-52!), so I much prefer to admire the exterior when flying from place to place, or just messing about going around in circles. Well worth the £8.something I paid for it.

I can understand that many out there regard a VC as a must have in today's addons, but a lot don't seem to understand that there are also many others who don't share their point of view. I can admire a good VC as much as anybody, especially when panning around it with TrackIR, but to say it's pointless releasing a product without a cockpit is clearly pretty narrow minded. ;)
Could not have said it better! + 1 here.

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Captain Sim is going to produce a VC for B-52

More details in the link below

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/vc.html

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks AD

Don't worry about bringing up an old thread

This is not a very old thread :lol:

It is a good update :thumbsup:

An in anycase we don't mind this here...............ocassionally a thread comes back from a year or more if it's worth re activating :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."