Tales of the Gold Monkey series

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Tales of the Gold Monkey series

Post by hobby »

I bought the six DVD (22 episodes) set from HMV today so I am looking forward to watching the adventures of Cutters Goose in the Pacific circa 1938.

For interested forum members Bill Lyons produced a Cutters Goose complete with Sarah and Corky and the various Islands complete with FS adventures and simviation.com have the FS2004 package (goose_free.zip). Notable is the operational windscreen wiper, radio and CD player(1938?!!!) fitted to Bill Lyons Goose. Not British I know but 'Biggles' might be a British counterpart, I suppose it would have to be 'great grandson of Biggles' (an Iraq veteran) now flying a modernised Goose in mysterious and dangerous parts of the world with scenery/adventures based around the modern precious metals, refugees, 'soldiers of fortune' and gold etc. who appear sometimes in the newspapers these days. To make things 'respectable' some of the 1950s stories had 'Bigglesworth' working for the British (not UK at that time) government and the Metropolitan Police Force. I expect something like that still goes on today - shades of "Air America".

Is it possible that the clever scenery people among us could produce further FS9 islands/airports and or adventures in other parts of the world in which amodern Goose might fly?