Remember when?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Remember when?

Post by Tweek »

Rick Piper wrote:Hi Guys

In all fairness to Alphasim

those days are gone because the audience now has to have a fully funtional VC that matches the real aircraft almost exactly.

I got critisim on my Hawk for Skysim as 6 of the 40 switches didn't do anything and a bad review which still says i didn't model the APU (Hawk T1 has no APU)

you only need one reviewer with the wrong info and your sunk.

People expect perfection with FSX which takes 6 times the hours of what you could build for FS9 back then.
Unfortunately, there are many narrow minded idiots out there who only see the world from their point of view. If it isn't exactly what they want, suiting their exact tastes, then they feel the need to slate it and ridicule the developer. Such types always seem to make their voices heard the loudest, too, which really ticks me off. A select few who go a long way to make things worse for the rest of us. :wall:

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Re: Remember when?

Post by Tomb »

i think they are refering to this for the hawk

A Microturbo 047 Mark 2 Gas Turbine Starter / Auxiliary Power Unit (GTS/APU) is installed above the engine to permit self-starting and to assist in relights after an in-flight flameout.

over 20 years since i thrashed around in the sim but i vaguly recall start to on and a button on the back of the throttle you press and held, wait a suitable time, hear a suitable noise and then crack the throttle out of the detent until you got the engine making all the right noises and the needles in the right place.

all this APU or whatever you want to call it did was start the engine, no more, no less, that will be a gas producer then

i think the latest hawks have a "proper" APU which can run the aircraft systems....not sure never seen the Sim or aircraft for the latest version.

like i say it was a while ago and ours had the combat wing fitted, many a slow night shift spent dogfighting in the sim with that sucker, you would be really suprised what the hawk could take on with a bit of practice and some low cunning...

i can almost hear the sidewinder growl now...happy days or should i say nights