Take-off distances for VC10

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Archer
VC10
VC10

Re: Take-off distances for VC10

Post by Archer »

Tonks wrote:I am sure Jelle won't mind me linking to his site...
Not at all, that's what the stuff is there for. Unfortunately all I have from that particular manual is on that page, I don't have any other performance graphs hiding on my harddisk.
Due to shortages and cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
------------
A Little VC10derness - http://www.VC10.net - Visit the Forum!

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

Tonks wrote:Not sure what you want really as that is not how things are worked out. A regularly used runway has its own take-off performance graph that will allow you to work out what the max take-off weight will be for given conditions of wind and temp (with another graph for pressure) are... At a runway that does not have its own graph you would used a Balanced Field graph.

Have you a particular airfield in mind as I have some old graphs (Regulated Take-Off Graphs) from BOAC I think...

Tonks :)
I wouldn't mind seeing a graph for the Airshow takeoffs at Leuchars over the years :lol:

I'm fairly certain they were off the deck in about 1/3rd RWY length! (allbeit without being fully 'provisioned' one would imagine) :fly:
Jim

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes indeed. Very light and a full power takeoff will have them off the deck in no time with an initial V/S not far off ballistic :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!