BN. Islander for FS.X

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Re: BN. Islander for FS.X

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

I just purchased and Downloaded the Islander

also got the P51 purchase message 8)

Not flown it yet but should be a keeper as i like Danno's exterior models a lot :thumbsup:
No idea who did the rest but it looks a good job in the shots.

If i ever get some spare time while i am modelling a complete Oil Drilling setup for a Korean customer i will take it for a spin
been working 16 hours a day for 6 days a week for about 4 months now :rant:

Regards
Rick

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

Thanks for the reviews. DaveB is always a hard customer to please, so if he likes it, it must be something pretty special. Think I may have to spend some cash on this little beauty. It'll "replace" the CLS DC-10 that gave me so much grief in FSX last night. I'm going to have to say bye-bye to the 10... It's just not FSX compliant at all... Even with the downloads and patches.

So, island hopping it is.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

This is a cracking little addon. It's well textured, the model looks good, sounds good, basically it does everything you'd want. The flight dynamics are fun and exactly how I imagine they should be, there is a repaint kit included, all in all it's a big thumbs up from me.

I just wish they would expand the package in the future (or release a second package at an extra cost) that contains the BN2T turbo-prop version.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris (et-al) :hello:

Something you've just reminded me of.. indirectly. The blurb that comes with the release makes reference to the 'FSX version' on numerous occassions. While not wanting to get anyones hopes up, it does seem that there is or once was an FS9 version in the pipeline too. If so, all well and good. If not, perhaps the newly named ex Alpha might have done well to remove these references *-) :dunno:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

I'm going to have a lot of fun with this add on :) Although its going to get used in MUCH colder climates that its probably used too :lol:
This is seriously going to muscle in on the B60 Duke's sim time :)

I like the soundpack very much too, it captures the Islander's unique full power drone nicely and my 12inch Tannoy sub does it full justice! :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

I believe Virtuavia is Dans new fledgling company, being as Dan built the Islander he owns most of the rights, so on the face of it, it looks like Dan is shipping his Islander through Alphasim to Flight 1, or going direct to Flight 1 with a link back to Alphasim, or what ever, who cares LOL.

Best

Michael

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Just done a nice VFR flight to Telegraph Creek from Petersburg, right along the Stikine river. What a heavenly little aeroplane! :)
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

it looks like Dan is shipping his Islander through Alphasim to Flight 1, or going direct to Flight 1 with a link back to Alphasim, or what ever, who cares LOL.
Hi Michael :hello:

References to Alpha are very thin on the ground throughout the product. It is only in the readme which shows a screenie of FSX asking if you want to use a particular gauge and the gauge name is prefixed ALPHA (in the screenie). The 'actual' gauge with the package is prefixed Virtavia and all of the gauges/references to the cab are either Virtavia or Flight1 so it looks like Dan is going it alone :) As you say, it doesn't matter either way ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Got it last night. Only had a quick flight so for, but am very pleased with what I've seen.

Nice one Dan & whoever else was involded. :thumbsup:

Great to see it finally released.
Dave G.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

A simple repaint :lol:

Dave G.