One cheap deal -one slightly cheap deal...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Re: One cheap deal -one slightly cheap deal...

Post by Tweek »

Garry Russell wrote:TBH That is what I have never understood

Those loading FS.x The regretting they can't fly some FS.9 Stuff and some re installing something I could never see why they uninstalled
For the same reason I uninstalled FS98, even though there are aircraft on there I'd love to have for FSX (brought up to modern standards, of course)!

In my case, FS9 and FSX are vastly different. This isn't the case for everyone, as I know a lot of people have got FS9 running well and looking very nice, but if I load up a flight in FS9 and FSX, the two are just aeons apart, as I've invested more time and money in FSX. Yes, I'd like to be able to fly a Jaguar again (who knows, by some miracle this may happen with the help of AlphaSim... or Virtavia), but the fact that the environment I'd be flying it in would be hugely inferior to the one I'm now used to would spoil the experience.

davem
Meteor
Meteor

Post by davem »

Tweek wrote: Yes, I'd like to be able to fly a Jaguar again (who knows, by some miracle this may happen with the help of AlphaSim... or Virtavia)
The UKMIL / Alpha Jag packages work fine in FSX...

Admittedly the spotty orange cat scheme has some major issues with transparency (in SP2) and the snow cats package the same but most are fine...

Dave.

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

Alright, it'd be nice to fly a native FSX Jag that doesn't trace its routes back to FS2002! ;)

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Tweek wrote:In my case, FS9 and FSX are vastly different. This isn't the case for everyone, as I know a lot of people have got FS9 running well and looking very nice, but if I load up a flight in FS9 and FSX, the two are just aeons apart, as I've invested more time and money in FSX. Yes, I'd like to be able to fly a Jaguar again (who knows, by some miracle this may happen with the help of AlphaSim... or Virtavia), but the fact that the environment I'd be flying it in would be hugely inferior to the one I'm now used to would spoil the experience.

...took the words... :thumbsup:

I had FSX before FS9 (which I bought solely to fly the CS C-130 on until FSX update came out) - I'd only flown mil-sims previously - and I think it's the bees knees. I just can't put up with FS9's inadequacies.
Mind you, I have always had a hefty rig, so only issues I've had were Vista-instigated ones. Runs so good on Win7 64 - can't beat it.

J0hn