BEA Elizabethan

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paule
Comet
Comet

BEA Elizabethan

Post by Paule »

Uploaded the BEA Elizabethan to the Pond t'other day. Just noticed that the 'short description' is missing. So here are the basics. Its yet another rework of the D-GHHH Ambassador; configured as a BEA Lizzie. It has a working cruise computer which you can make. If u fly by the manual and use the cruise computer to set power, cruise performance will be pretty accurate.

Paul

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Re: BEA Elizabethan

Post by DispatchDragon »

Paule

Can you shoot me a screenshot as well please.

Paule
Comet
Comet

Post by Paule »

Leif
In the 'documents' folder of the zip there is a file 'CruCompTop.jpg'. Could u use that for the thumbnail; having a useable cruise computer was a major reason for doing the update.

cheers Paul

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

Paul, Leif,
If I had not seen Paul's post above in this forum, I would have missed the point of why I should download this file from CBF. The reason is that there seems to have been a change in the presentation of all new files in the CBF library, in that NO description is posted for any of the files. While it's true that some basic statistics are present, there's nothing to say, for example, that a repaint is for such-and-such's model of an aircraft. And for this Elizabethan upload by Paul, I would have assumed that it was simply a repaint rather than any sort of update.

As a result, while I still check for new files regulalrly in the CBF library, I download far less files than I used to when the descriptions were available,
just a thought,
Ro
:cheers:

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Thank you for your comment Ro.

I just dropped Rob English an email to see if he can figure out WHY the comments no longer appear on the library. They are , you may be assured, in the library,but for some reason they are not loading up. Sorry that you feel that way, in all honesty CBF has the largest library of things British and Flight sim on the web and we work very hard to keep it up to date and free.

Leif

Paule
Comet
Comet

Post by Paule »

I'm curious, has anyone made the cruise computer yet, and were you able achieve the fuel consumption it indicated.

cheers

Paul

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

The omission of the description is not deliberate and appears to have been caused by a corruption to the database of some kind.

It's being looked into and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Sorry.

Rob.

Paule
Comet
Comet

Post by Paule »

Rob,

No need to apologize; not a major issue as far as I am concerned.
cheers

Paul

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

Thanks Paul.

It's way above my tech level, just waiting for someone who knows what they're doing to have a look and then it should be fixed.

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

Rob,
thank you muchly for the update. Looking forward to normal service being resumed,
Ro
:party: