FSX Native SeaKing...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FSX Native SeaKing...

Post by Tako_Kichi »

DaveB wrote:...pity there's no S61 lurking in there.
I recently saw a post over at SOH discussing an upcoming freeware S61 Dave I'll see if I can find the thread for ya.

EDIT: Found it....here ya go....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... hp?t=37689

FSX only though by the seems of things.
Larry

JimCooper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by JimCooper »

sketchy74 wrote:
DaveB wrote:For those of us old enough.. Navy '66' is a very emotive image that will live with us until the day we cease functioning ;)
Does anyone know where that Cab is now? There is one on the USS Midway painted up in those colours, however I am told there are several SH-3's around the USA painted as "66". Would be good to see the real one.
According to this article http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... 001143.jpg she's in Davy Jones Locker

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Post by Seaking »

At last...........the old girl fit for FSX
AsusP5Q mobo P45 Chipset
QX6850 extreme 3ghz running at 3.6
4 gig OCZ DDR2 1066Mhz PC8500
XFX 8800GTS 512 G92Engine

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

At last...........the old girl fit for FSX
Just need a native FSX Wessex now then :lol: :lol:
ATB Trev

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Post by Seaking »

Trev, that would be another wish come true for sure. When Brian did it for FS9 it was the best of the best.
AsusP5Q mobo P45 Chipset
QX6850 extreme 3ghz running at 3.6
4 gig OCZ DDR2 1066Mhz PC8500
XFX 8800GTS 512 G92Engine

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

I'm 99% sure that the model I built as a kid was a '66', too! :lol:

Probably modelled on the NASA rescue jobber there (did it have that capsule included? Can't remember, was soooo long ago :(( ).

If you can't afford this - or don't want to pay just now - and you have FSX, the one for FS9 that Alphasim recently gave away works very well in FSX - just a single gauge that it won't use. :thumbsup:

J.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi J0hn

Airfix original issue was the white and grey featuring 63.

Apollo used 66 and they was an instant demand for a change and it was quickly reissued as 66.

That's probably what you built :)

I read somewhere recently that the S-61 was ugly but I've always found them looking rather neat. Compared to the other helicopters at the time I thought it a handsome craft

One of the few helicopters I would want to fly in FS.any-version :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Jim,

The US models are specific to each type, slight differences in fuselage, sensors and FOD covers etc, the 3H having enlarged sponsons for the MAD gear etc.

66 was in the original package at my insistence (and being as I made the models and painted them there wasn't much anyone could do about it LOL), on the side of the fuselage are three stickers of Apollo capsules, each sticker for each mission, the third one being the one which collected the first men who landed on the moon (Apollo 11), so the paint job represents that historic mission. 66 wasn't always used for Apollo missions, earlier missions used different aircraft, then 66 came along and the public and press grabbed it with a passion, from there on in 66 always picked up the astronauts, however it wasn't always the same airframe, there being a couple of imposter's in there somewhere, but there is one airframe that did the majority of 66 missions and that is indeed lost in deep water, as is the capsule Liberty Bell, both are the source of huge sponsorship and interest in the US to recover if possible. As an aside I was lucky enough late last year to see one of the last shuttle launches (last night launch I believe) and its left a long lasting impression, an Apollo launch must have just as dramatic !.

Hopefully theres enough specific different base models in the package to cover any repaints that people wish to do.

All of the old FS9 model repaints should still fit, simply recompile the textures as *.dds, that was one of the main stipulations in the revision.

It is the FS9 external model but full FSx compliant and a totally new VC model, much more detailed back there now.

The revision should be out soon, fixes all of the VC gauge and switch issues as well as some not yet noted by others.

Enjoy

Michael

JimCooper wrote:
DaveB wrote:.. pity there's no S61 lurking in there.,,,
Is the SH-3 a renamed S61?
SH-3A, SH-3D and SH-3H USN variants (or paint jobs) are included in the package.

regards

Jim

EDIT: Just took these screen grabs from the Virtavia Website:

Someone want to make an Apollo Command Module for FSX then you can re-enact the Apollo splashdowns?
Read about "66" here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... 001143.jpg

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

Post by rich byrne »

Liberty Bell got recovered a couple of years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-Re ... rty_Bell_7

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Good one Rich :rock:

Still wish we had a 'Civvie' Sea King in with this mix and the wider (read commercial) appeal is obvious but.. that aint gonna happen as there's no civvie FS9 model to recompile :( Will wait for the SoH version in this case ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!