JF/PSS Concorde

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

JF/PSS Concorde

Post by DaveB »

Hi Team :hello:

I'm sure some of you MUST have this for FS9 so hopefully, one of you will be able to answer my question :)

Re the Virtual Engineer..
Is it possible to fly 'anywhere' by selecting the VE and nothing else?? I'm getting the impression that many more switches have to be made as well as VE and I want to keep my learning curve as short as possible :agree:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Re: JF/PSS Concorde

Post by Fodda »

I always used to start from cold and dark and there are definitely settings you need to change there to get the plane up and running. Not sure if starting with engines running and VE selected will help though.

Even with the VE there is a fuel valve that needs shutting after an hour's flight or so as the engineer can't be arsed. tanks 7 and 9 from very dodgy memory. If you get continual CoG pings a while into Mach 2 cruise, check the empty tanks and make sure you manually close the valves to cure this problem.

This is from memory of last flights at least 2 years ago...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Gary :thumbsup:

Mach 2 is a figure I've yet to achieve (or an hours flight for that matter) so it does seem very much like the VE is rather more virtual than necessary 8) I really CBA to start C&D all the time and the promise of a VE to take over 'that side of things' got me to blow the dust off.. without much success. Flying the freeware one across the pond is.. err.. interesting and not something I wish to repeat on a regular basis :lol: I guess what I really need is a 'REAL' FE! :agree:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Years ago I had a Concorde and I was flying along but couldn' get it to accellerate even to MACH 1

After a while I popped outside and found the wheels were down :$ :doh:

:wasntme:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

That would do it :lol: I've just had to abort my return from JFK in the freeware model about 30mins from home :rant: I'd come all the way down from FL550 manually controlling the throttles and at around 7000ft, I thought I'd take a break and plonk the AT on. I selected 220kts in the window, engaged the AT and off it went to 999kts and wouldn't turn off! :-O 3hrs wasted and now I'm 3000nm away from where I should be :( Gonna have difficulty fitting the return in now as this is my day off 8) Thank goodness the real one never did this :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage