BEA Ambassador...any chance!?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

BEA Ambassador...any chance!?

Post by Metalmaster »

good afternoon!
Hope I'm not bothering you guys, but just thought I'd pop in, and say HI! :hello:
Its been a long time, much too long....;)
after the AFG Caravelle I've been away from FS...personal problems have taken me away from the hobby.
did an ocasional repaint here and there, Erics Tristar, (where are you Eric!?), a BOAC and Canadian Pacific Comet, I think I exagerated in the metal texture though.... :worried: and lately the Enigma ATP and...the Ambassador.

Always had a passion for this great british aircraft, she looked gracious to my eyes, even though many should say the opposite.;)
and with a visit, soon, I hope, to Duxford, I hope to meet her there too.

We all know theres a model already for FS, thats the one I've been trying to repaint in BEA colours with some metal effects here and there ;)
My question is, and not trying to offend anybody, really, but my question is, ; Is there a chance for David Maltby or any other FS model designer to build one, I mean, a true and accurate visual model of the Airspeed Ambassador!?
I'd love to help with textures, if possible.Been buying some books, and some BEA memorabilia, and I'd really love to see a nice "Lizzy" or "Lizie" !?! for FS9 .
in the meantime, heres some thumbnails from my attempt to do a decent repaint of a BEA scheme ;)
enjoy !

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Re: BEA Ambassador...any chance!?

Post by Metalmaster »

Do forgive me for posting larger images, but these are thumbnails, is this Ok !?
the original pictures are bigger and not really showing as big...am I making sense here!?! 8)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Hi MetalMaster and welcome :)

That makes sense ;)

As for a new Ambassador.. little chance of DM making one as it's lacking in one thing he likes.. jet engines :lol: The others.. well mate, they're all into either new (on going) projects or updating old models and/or a combination of both. Rick was going to make one many moons ago but FSDesign Berlin unleashed the current model so he stopped there and then. Rick and DG only model for FSX now so that effectively removes them anyway.

I'm sad to say the chances of a new one coming from here are slim to invisible. Paul Edwards updated the FD for the current model making it a more realistic experience but at the end of the day, it's the same old model.

Good luck at Duxford. It was sat at the back of a hangar the last time I saw it.

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

ok, Dave, I understand.....its a bit of a shame really, since theres just a few tweaks to be done on the actual Ambassador model, rounded nose, windows "glass" texture, engine cowlings and cone area, darker cockpit textures, but I guess they wont do it either.
oh well, had to try.
Thanks anyway,
take care,
rui

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

Dave, forgot to ask; whats the name of the file,the new air file that is!?
appreciated,
rui

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Rui..welcome aboard :hello:

The Ambassader model is not one of ours........perhaps you should make the tweak suggestions to the developers :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

DaveB wrote: Good luck at Duxford. It was sat at the back of a hangar the last time I saw it.

ATB

DaveB B)smk
I was up there earlier this year, not moved much since I was last there either checking over the Beaufighter.

Middle pic, click for bigger - http://www.mercia.biz/Duxford2010/sf1_thumbs5.htm

:)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I don't think much has happened for ten years or so *-)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that link to your shots Darren :rock: The Ambassador looks better there than it did the last time I looked ;)

Rui..
I think Paul Edwards posted his updated files to the Pond.. aka www.classicbritishfiles.com . There's a thread here about it somewhere.. I'll see if I can find it ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

Thank you all.I did ask them well, got a reply from Hans the man himself, but hes too busy now with a new model in the works or something...
All I asked was for a rounder nose tip... 8) and make those cabin windows less transparent, it looks like an Airfix kit without the clear parts ;)
oh well, ...been retouching other bits here and there...engines, the nose lines, shame I cant write BEA at the very tip...I guess I'll give it a rest.
again, I have probably overdone the metal textures...oh well... *-)
thanks again fellas,
rui