NEW models please

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

austerdriver

Re: NEW models please

Post by austerdriver »

Alot of people would like certain aircraft to be made into payware versions. But if it is something like the Vickers Viscount were to be made, how are the developers going to get access to an Viscount that is flying? From reading on wikipedia it shows there may be 2 Viscounts still flying in Africa.

For a developer to make a payware version of the Viscount, it would take a lot of money and effort only to find that it has been a complete waste of time and money. They may not sell enough copies of the addon to make it viable to make it in the first place.

Its the developers of the payware at the end of the that decide what they make. Do they make something well known such as the Cessna 172 or something less well known like the Viking and only to find that they may sell a couple of hundred copies that doesn't cover the cost of developing the addon.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Possibly two Viscountsflying last reported 2005

Why would people want payware?? :dunno:

Freeware can be good and payware can be dire

The freeware/payware issue doesn't really come into it and the lack of a flyer or even one extant doesn't stop a project, just makes it more difficult

The HP.42 by Derek is an excellent example of a freware none extant type and the only airworthy Heron in this part of the world is not flying.

The Superfreighter, Trident Comet and Vanguard are models built years after the real aircraft ceased flying *-)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I have as much access to a Viscount as is necessary as I do a Vanguard, a VC10 1103, a 1-11 425 and a host of other aircraft. It doesn't have to be a 'flyer' in order for it to be payware. What it should be if it is going to be payware is of payware quality and by that, I don't mean 99% of the rubbish that's being sold at the moment ;) As Garry pointed out.. freeware can be good and payware can be dire (which is often the case) :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

Some of the freeware aircraft available are much better than some of the payware releases I have seen and can think of one recently discussed on here.

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

:doh: :worried: :$
Sorry if I came out wrong - I didn't want to release another payware vs. freeware debate nor would I ever doubt the excellent quality of the models served here for free. So I'd never want payware at all. I just asked myself why payware firms find it so hard to fill the gaps in the FS world and offer something NEW instead of developping Version 5 of A320 or 737NG...
austerdriver wrote:For a developer to make a payware version of the Viscount, it would take a lot of money and effort only to find that it has been a complete waste of time and money. They may not sell enough copies of the addon to make it viable to make it in the first place.
I'd still hold PMDG's Jetstream against this theory. The J41 is definitely not a "mainstream aircraft".
Nevertheless it's probably been one of the most attended payware releases in the past two years... *

Cheers,

Nick

*PS: Let's see how their sales figures develop after Rick's Jetstream is out... :hide: ;)
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

No link between the HP.137 Jetstream/Jetstream 32 and the 41.

The 41 was a complete redesign and a very different aircraft.

By then Jetstream was the name of all the airliners....the ATP was to be the Jetstream 61 and not the name of an individual specific type.

But going back to the freeware/payware debate.this being an active freeware support forum, payware doesn't get supported as such, other than the odd mention or discussion with an otherwise unavailable model..mainly Heads Up stuff. :)
Garry

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

Garry Russell wrote:No link between the HP.137 Jetstream/Jetstream 32 and the 41.

The 41 was a complete redesign and a very different aircraft.
Hi Garry, sure, my PS was meant ironically... :worried: :)
Garry Russell wrote: But going back to the freeware/payware debate.this being an active freeware support forum, payware doesn't get supported as such, other than the odd mention or discussion with an otherwise unavailable model..mainly Heads Up stuff. :)
Alright and I promise I will never ever write anything again that might sound as if I would demand for payware... :) :worried:

All the best,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

:lol: :lol:

I'm not moaning

Just saying why we don't jump with abunding excitment at the mention of paywar :hide:
Garry

jab
Concorde
Concorde

Post by jab »

Garry Russell wrote:

By then Jetstream was the name of all the airliners....the ATP was to be the Jetstream 61 and not the name of an individual specific type.

But going back to the freeware/payware debate.this being an active freeware support forum, payware doesn't get supported as such, other than the odd mention or discussion with an otherwise unavailable model..mainly Heads Up stuff. :)
Oh is it I thought the J61 is for example like an Avro RJ100 to a Bae 146 *-)

The Just flight Lancaster and Vulcan are brilliant paywares so Skysims Sea Vixen :excited: Though I did get the Aphla sim Typhoon that was sh*t took ages to load and move
RIP Steve Irwin :'( You was the best there ever was.

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

jab wrote:The Just flight Lancaster and Vulcan are brilliant paywares
I looked at Just Flight Vulcan but bought the Iris Pro Series Vulcan instead. One of my (many) weak wallet moments.