One Eleven Radios

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

One Eleven Radios

Post by parksie10 »

Hello all,

It has been awhile, but I need some advice and direction please. As I've progressed further in my sim flying career, I'm learning new skills etc. One of them is ILS approaches and landings. Really great in dodgy weather. However I've discovered that I cannot change neither Nav1 or 2 on the BAC 1-11, I have tried this both in VC and in the pop up panel. Nothing. Interestingly enough, what looks like the same set up works perfectly in the Trident.

Has anybody else encountered this and is there a way to sort it? I'm using FSX SP2.

I've had great help and pointers here in the past, so hopefully the same will happen again.

Lee :hide:
Proudly HS748 and Proudly South African!!

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Re: One Eleven Radios

Post by parksie10 »

Oh, just to add to that, the same situation applies to both comm radios, however, when you use atc. and you "change" that way it works, but no manual tuning. :worried:

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

I don't have FSX but in FS9 this is almost always a problem with the [Radios] section of the aircraft.cfg file. Try these settings and see if it works.
If your panel has standbye frequecies for the COM radios, change those entries by entering 1,1 rather than 1,0 for each. Same with the NAV radios, if they have standbye. If the panel only has one ADF, then eliminate the Adf2 line or change Adf.2=1 to Adf.2=0

[Radios]
// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1=1
Com.1=1, 0
Com.2=1, 0
Nav.1=1, 0, 1
Nav.2=1, 0, 0
Adf.1=1
Adf.2=1
Transponder.1=1
Marker.1=1

Nigel²

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

:thumbsup: nigelb, great call, BAC 1-11 now completely airworthy. Flew Nationwide ZS-NUJ from FACT-FAKN all radios handled beautifully and she handled like a dream on the GS and approach. :excited: Thanks a ton. I wish a few more sites would have the attitude that the great people have here and not just fob you off and treat you like an ignorant moron. :cheers:

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Lee, I am glad your all sorted now and happy to have helped. The Radio problem happens fairly often, especially if the panel used was not by the same developer as the aircraft.cfg file. I have even seen cases where the whole package was developed by one person and the {Radio} section is still not correct for the radio gauges used on the panel. Always the first thing to check if you have radio tuning problems.

Nigel²

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Think I have a similar problem with the Vanguard.I installed the Vanguard quite some time ago,found a problem with the radios,meant to follow it up but then put it aside for some reason.Maybe I should look at the aircraft.cfg file to see if there is a similar problem.ATB EricT :)
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The passage above is exactly the same as the Vanguard available from here ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Cheers Dave,I'll have a gander.Incidently.I d/l'd the Vanguard 2 or more years ago.Have there been any major updates to the files since then?ATB EricT :)
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I don't think there have mate, but probably best to download again from the library ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

PS As of December 2010, nigelb's tweak above seems to be incorporated in the aircraft.cfg files in the 1-11 downloads. At least, I've just checked the aircraft.cfg file that came with the 1-11 500 and the [Radios] section looks identical to the above.

Incidentally, it's no great problem, but, for the numbers on the righthand sides of the decimal points, I find I'm only able to decrease the settings, whereas I can both increase and decrease the settings for the numbers on the lefthand sides.

David K